The Mainframe System Engineer supports the mainframe infrastructure focusing on z/OS, 3rd party software installations and level 3 support in a multi-LPAR environment.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Skilled with installation, maintenance, upgrade, customization tuning of mainframe OS and other mainframe products
- Considered to be Subject Matter Expert (SME) in regard to the mainframe OS, utilities and products
- Ability to develop and define technical direction/architecture for strategic planning and projects
- Storage administration skills highly desirable (DFHSM, DFDSS, DFSMS, IODF)
- Ability to update JES2 exits in Assembler
- Hands on experience with performance tuning/configuration management and updating WLM policies
- Proficient with Assembler programming language
- Install and configure mainframe automation software.
- Proficient with dump analysis and problem resolution.
- Perform the duties of the Project Manager and other leadership roles for mainframe project.
- Maintain change control practices and procedures for mainframe changes.
- Capacity planning evaluate and recommend software and hardware needs.
- Otherdesiredlanguage skills: SQL, REXX, CLIST, COBOL, SAS, MXG
- z/OS components and features: ICF catalogs, OMVS, USS, SDSF, SMP/E, TSO, JCL, RMF, Coupling Facility
- Other products and software: TMS, Top secret/RACF, CA-Endevor, DB2 Connect, IDz tools, Omegamon
Minimum of six years of experience and/or knowledge of z/OS systems programming.
Experience programming in one or more structured languages.
Experience with installing software via SMP/E.
Knowledge of z/OS system internals.
24x7 on-call availability as required.