Job ID: MH20170210-41582
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is toensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Workwith the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Provide general support to the systems engineering team including maintaining and creation of system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Creates new system requirements and manages requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases, under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Creates and manages the requirements verification database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Creates and modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
- Support proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering for a portion of a project.
- Provides data and support risk management (identifies potential risk) and trade study processes.
- Creates changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Creates System Representations under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Manages aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, minor failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations under general direction.
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Supports creation of system architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data while under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Attends and prepares materials for presentation during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
- Performs cost estimates and project planning for a portion of larger project under direction from a CAM.
Education and Experience
- Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
- Active DoD Security Clearance required
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.