The Senior Systems Engineer applies a working knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals to provide guidance to the division's engineering and design activities under the direction of a Program Manager. The Senior Systems Engineer will be required to interact with other OTECH personnel and the client to guide engineering efforts to meet the client's requirements. The Senior Systems Engineer will provide guidance to engineering design efforts through the development of systems engineering documentation, including: concepts of operations, requirements specifications, interface control documents and drawings, hazard analysis, test plans and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs analysis of user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through preparation of concept of operations, interface control documents, hazard analysis, and test plans and procedures.
- Displays excellent technical judgment, attention to detail, and ability to look at the "big picture" in system design
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Some travel may be required.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems Engineering.
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with
- contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architectures, including Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
- assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- participating in the development of system engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- system requirements and stakeholder needs, including functions that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system effectiveness
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc)
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- US citizen, Must be able to obtain security clearance.