Senior Systems Engineer
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the front-end of the business as part of the spacecraft avionics proposal team. This team is responsible for responding to customer Request for Proposals (RFP) and Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) requests. This includes designing system architectures to meet requirements, determining system size, weight and power (SWAP), working with mechanical engineering to generate chassis views, writing technical proposals, generating cost estimates and answering customer questions.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be a member of the team responsible for developing the Internal Research and Development (IRAD) strategy and roadmaps for future spacecraft avionics products.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading and managing spacecraft avionics IRAD project teams. This includes project and resource planning, system architecture, board-level architecture, schematic design, FPGA design, chassis design, assembly and test.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for technical support to the Advanced Programs business development team. This support may include a small amount of travel as necessary to support customer meetings and conferences.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing inputs and generating rationales for potential acquisitions of external companies
Key goals will be to improve process efficiencies for proposal execution and IRAD developments, and develop next generation products that will drive year-over-year sales growth. Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of electrical systems design for spacecraft avionics and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE). Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) is preferred.
- Secret or Top Secret security clearance required
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the latest commercial PowerPC, ARM, DSP and GPU processors, high-speed PCB design, FPGA design, encryption/decryption, processor board design, software defined radios, inertial management and reference units (IMU/IRU), M-Code receivers, GPS/GNSS receivers, strategic-hard board and chip design techniques, radiation testing, spacecraft communications and high bandwidth system design are considered a plus.
- Due to the nature of our government contracts, US citizenship is a requirement