The Senior Systems Engineer, Media Workflows is a member of a senior operational technical team responsible for automating the movement and transformation of video in a file-based broadcast and web/mobile context, using tools like SDVI's Rally, Telestream Vantage, Aspera Orchestrator, Amazon Web Services, and custom scripting and web work.
- This senior professional provides expert-level design, maintenance, configuration, and support of information technology systems in a 24x7x365 news and entertainment production environment with attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and security, in addition to acting as a lead and/or mentor to other technical staff. Frequently works on large projects in planning, execution and documentation phases in an Agile, DevOps context.
- Is a senior member of the department with final ownership of incident escalations within the content supply chain ITIL Service.
- This is a Monday-Friday, nine to five type role with on-call responsibilities.
- 2+ years of experience designing and operating media workflow systems, including video encoding/transcoding, automated qc and file movement.
- Experience with our current technical stack is a huge plus: Aspera, Telestream Vantage, Selenio Flex, Dalet Amberfin, Adobe Media Encoder, Interra Baton, Tektronix Aurora, AWS-EC2, AWS-S3, AWS-Lambda - Cloudformation, CloudHealth, etc.
- 5+ years experience in systems administration.
- 10+ years overall IT experience desired.
- 2+ years in an enterprise minimal-downtime environment.
- 2+ years experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language (python preferred; powershell, perl, ruby, bash, etc.; batch does not count).
- Advanced (non-expert) skills with both Microsoft Server and Linux (as a server) operating systems.
- Experience with other areas of general IT infrastructure (storage, networking, etc.) highly desirable.
- Experience with enterprise support systems and the ITIL framework highly desirable.
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring and analytics.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, esp. in the realm of complex system troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal customer/executive interactions. Ability to lead and mentor across teams where no reporting relationship exists.
- Demonstrated self-starter with capacity for working independently.
- Ability to balance multiple competing demands Internal code.