Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: LLNW) is the content delivery partner for thousands of entertainment, technology, enterprise and government entities around the globe. Limelight’s mission is to securely manage and globally deliver digital content, building customer satisfaction through exceptional reliability and performance.
The Systems Engineer assists in maintaining the operational aspects of Limelight Networks’ platforms, provides guidance to the Operations group and acts as an escalation point for advanced troubleshooting of systems issues. The Systems Engineer assists in the execution of tactical and strategic operational infrastructure initiatives by building and managing complex computing systems and processes that facilitate the introduction of new products and services while allowing existing services to scale.
- Develop and maintain core competencies of the team, in accordance with applicable architectures and standards.
- Participate in capacity management of services and systems.
- Maintain plans, processes and procedures necessary for the proper deployment and operation of systems and services.
- Identify gaps in the operation of products and services and drive enhancements.
- Evaluate release processes and tolls to find areas for improvement.
- Contribute to the release and change management process by collaborating with the developers and other engineering groups.
- Participate in development meetings and implement required changes to the operational architecture, standards, processes or procedures and ensure they are in place prior to release (e.g., monitoring, documentation and metrics.).
- Maintain a positive demeanor and a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Describe/train on a component of the system assigned.
- Participate in assigned projects and work with minimal supervision.
- Create Operational documentation.
- Troubleshoot components of the environment assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Education (minimums)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years’ experience with some flavor of *NIX (Linux, FreeBSD, etc.).
- Experience with Version Control, Shell script and one or more scriptinglanguages including Python, Perl, Ruby and PHP.
- Experience supporting internally developed as well as third-party customer facing products.
- Experience with an automated build and continuous integration system such as Jenkins preferred.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres and Oracle) preferred.
- Experience working with video transcoding and stitching with ffmpeg, tsmuxer or similar tools preferred.
- Experience with Open Source web servers, message queueing and API’s preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while providing exceptional visibility to management and end-to-end ownership of incidents, projects and tasks.
- Manage large scale on premise elastic compute (SmartOS, Kubernetes, Docker, KVM, Jails) - In Role Specific functions
Experience with Open Source Virtualization and Orchestration (Openstack, KVM, OpenVswitch, Kubernetes) to the desiredExperience
- Familiarity with configuration management and release engineering processes and methodologies.
- Self-starter with the ability to document technical data and track incidents, projects and tasks on a daily basis and in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to provide application analysis by code review and deep dive.
- Excellent coordination, planning and written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Agileproject management methodologies preferred.
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on call rotation.
- Ability to travel when necessary.