The employee will be required to work with the existing technology groups to understand the systems and applications, integration points and data flows. Documented security requirements, solutions architectures, design specifications, etc. will be created and maintained to ensure the security objectives of the organization are met.
The employee will be an innovative and strategic thinker with an open and collaborative style that fosters teamwork, sustains a learning environment for staff, and works within the Company culture to provide solutions that meet the Company’s security objectives.
- Requirements Gathering: The employee will work with other SPE employees to define clear requirements for engineering and architecture work, either generating them or assisting in their generation
- Solutions Engineering: The employee will work with other SPE employees to develop reasonable and innovative solutions to problems presented by both businesses and threats
- Documentation: The employee will be responsible for formal documentation and schematic work which represents the company’s information securityarchitecture.
Skill & Abilities:
- 8 - 10 years Information Securityexperiencepreferred
- Technical skills: In-depth/hands-on familiarity with UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems administration as well as networkinfrastructure, security tools and IP-based network protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working for a high profile public enterprise in a security context.
- Experience presenting highly technical concepts to a business-focused audience.
- Broad knowledge of computer security issues, requirements and trends, and a strong understanding of information security and data privacy laws / accepted industry practices.
- Take on new responsibilities and influence others as needed to deliver consistent results.
- Pick up new skills through self-learning and on the job training.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Manage competing priorities while maintaining organized and detailed reporting of status and progress
High School Diploma
Certification: Prefer CISSP + CISM