Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability, safe and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
The Seapower Whole Life Engineering section provides Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Reliability Availability Maintainability Analysis Engineering (RAM), Safety Engineering, Provisioning Technical Documentation/Logistics Management Information Engineering, and Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Engineering capabilities to the Whole Life Engineering and Support department. Our objective is to oversee all front-end reliability task/responsibilities as well as assessing RAM performance for verification or continuous development purposes.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams responsible for system safety, software safety, occupational safety and health, hazard management and environmental compliance for major development programs, as well as acting as a system safety technical expert across multiple programs.
This position may be a CE08/G09 or a CE09/G10 depending on candidates experience and skill set.
- Six (6) + years of experience related to this job description
- Existing secret security clearance
- Experience with and knowledge of military system safety standards.
- Experience in the development and leadership of large multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Existing top secret clearance or ability to obtain a top secret clearance
- Experience with and knowledge of military system safety standards, including MIL-STD-882.
- Experience with environmental compliance standards and regulations applicable to military weapon systems
- Experience with occupational safety and health compliance standards and regulations applicable to both commercial systems and military weapon systems
- Effective writing, public speaking and presentation skills
- Exposure to software safety standards, such as STANAG 4404 and the Joint Services Software Safety Committee Software System Safety Handbook
- Experience with the U. S. Navy Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB)
- Experience with the System Software Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP) and Fuze and Initiation System Technical Review Panel (FISTRP)
- Experience in Safety Fault Tree, Mission Thread Analysis, and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
- Experience with Nationally Recognized Test Laboratory (NRTL) testing and certification requirements
- Experience in Hazard Tracking databases, and hazardous materials identification and management
- Experience with Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements [management] System (DOORS)
- Experience with human systems integration, including MIL-STD-1472 and MIL-STD-1474
- Willingness and ability to travel among Raytheon facilities in MA and RI, and some limited travel within the USA
- Contractual bidding process experience with military customers
- Advanced degrees in business or engineering a plus
- BS/BA in an engineering or scientific/technical discipline (STEM). 8years of applicable experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA