- Raytheon IIS is currently seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer II to perform integration, test and validation activities. As a member of the Systems Validation, Test and Analysis Directorate (SVTAD) team you will provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools and techniques. The SVTAD team is involved in all aspects of test including: design-for-test, integration and subsystem and component level testing through sell-off.
The opportunity currently exist supporting the Zumwalt program in San Diego, CA, providing expertise in the integration, validation, and sell off for various defense programs within Raytheon. Sr. Systems Engineers are involved in all aspects of the Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) cycle. Sr. Systems Engineers have ownership authority to ensure that individual items are integrated and perform as expected as well as ensuring that the system can be sold off. In San Diego CA some of the programs supported are the Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing Service (GPNTS), Landing Platform Dock (LPD) programs and Zumwalt Total Ship Activation.
The Senior Engineer will support of integration, installation, operation and maintenance of software systems installed in DDG-1000 Class Destroyers. Will work with the Software Test Team to perform the following duties;
- Perform installation of firmware and software including Formal Overlays and Engineering Overlays onto shipboard components including IBM Bladecenters, EDAP processors GDAP processors, remote screens, workstations, and across multiple operating systems.
- Collaborate with software developers and lab sites to help predict and anticipate issues.
- Provide solutions, investigate, and verify fixes for WSTRs issues found during shipboard installation.
- Participate in daily operation and maintenance, growth, and maturation of shipboard software systems.
- Collaborate and communication integration activities with team members.
- Interact daily with contractors, and with government representatives.
- Assist in the planning of software and software installation in support of cross-team formal testing for component, functional, operational, and demonstrational shipboard tests.
- Travel to support program requirements as needed.
- Four (4) years of engineering experienceworking with systems integration and testing using Linux software systems.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting complex CISCO network systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance.
Experience with DDG-1000 class Mission System Equipment requirements and concept of operation or equivalent complex US Naval combat systems.
- Experienceworking withthe following:
- bash/ksh/python scripting
- tcpdump and wireshark
- IBM bladecenter
- Excellent communication, organization, planning and execution skills.
- Excellent problem solving, sound judgment, and decision making.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and processes.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related engineering disciplines. Also acceptable, a combination of education and experience meeting 2 years of experience per 1 year of education.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - San Diego
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.