Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: .
Raytheon IIS is seeking a Deployment Engineer who will be responsible for calculating and maintaining metrics related to platform releases and defect reporting as well as exercising CM controls to maintain and protect the baseline of a complex system. This system will be an operational system, currently in development. The candidate would monitor and assist in planning the work of others, coordinate fixes (Discrepancy Reports), working with a team to coordinate releases/upgrades.
The overall project consists of several complex computer environments that form the backbone for the operational deployment of a critical, strategic national asset. The responsibilities of a design engineer include representing the service across the team. This position may require some on call support and overtime as well as limited ( Candidate's responsibilities would be:
- Maintaining baseline (COTS & O/S) configurations in multiple server environments, as well as centrally managing the deployment of patches or rebuilds of various components (COTS) of the system
- Coordinate and review the delivery of fixes through the program's discrepancy resolution process.
- Communicate with management risks and any issues involving performance, availability, or security.
- Plan for future improvements and fixes while ensuring that any changes follow the Project's change management processes.
- Experience with complex computer systems.
- Experience with the architecture or design of Infrastructure Service Software: either O/S installation and configuration (Lunix, Windows, ESXi) or COTS installation and configuration (e.g., monitoring, logging, scanning, Cyber, etc.).
- Ability to prepare and present status, plans, and risks to management
- General working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization
- Understanding of Change Management processes - Version Control of software and applications using ClearCase and familiarity with DR's, CR's, and IR's written with ClearQuest
- The ability to effectively plan their own work and the work of others
- Background in COTS product Installation
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration
- Experience with DISA STIGs
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration
- Experience in matching system requirements (specific user or VM requirements) to compute capabilities (RAM, single-threaded speed, total throughput) and the knowledge and ability to select specific types of compute servers to meet those requirements.
- Working knowledge of networks, storage, and virtualization
- Experience with: firmware/drivers/troubleshooting/prototyping for non-Virtualized systems/issues
- Background in Systems Operations environment supporting complex environment deployment and management activities
- Experience with virtualization tools and cloud computing, either private (VMware, OpenStack) or public (AWS) Systems integration experience
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4+ years of related work experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.