The Connectors team creates software that integrates BIG-IP devices into PaaS and IaaS environments such as Kubernetes or OpenStack. We are passionate about using Agile development and DevOps principles to enable modern, best practices for delivering solutions.
As a Sr Systems Engineer, you will be a technical authority within the Product Development organization responsible for competitive and customer use-case analysis, new technology research and solutions testing and documentation. You will be the expert resource for operational BIG-IP capabilities to help product developers understand how and why customers use features.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with multiple product teams and partners to design solution, components and interfaces to help drive product development and get unified technical understanding across the organization;
- Work towards the next generation solutions with Sales Engineers, Product Management, and Solutions Architects;
- Consult and design with Network Engineers/Systems Administrators, and System Users;
- Write systems level specifications, requirements, and architecture documents;
- Train F5 Staff/Partners on solutions;
- Coordinate Product Goals associated with partner technologies;
- Communicate, document and evangelize new features with Product Management, Business Development and Product Development stake holders;
- Research new technology areas, innovations and ideas;
- Track industry standards, and assess RFC compliance in product features and functionality.
What You Know
- Authoritative knowledge in TCP/IPnetworking topologies and protocols;
- Demonstrated experience in Carrier/Service Provider traffic, including deployments for LTE and IMS;
- Demonstrated experience with IaaS (OpenStack) and PaaS solutions;
- Demonstrable experience in system design specification, prototyping and testing of high capacity networking systems;
- Demonstrable knowledge and appreciation of user experience;
- Desiredoperatorexperience with the BIG-IP platform;
- Deep understanding of excellent presentation, communication, and technical leadership;
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in dynamic, high-performance environment.
- 6-10 years’ experience in Systems Engineering.
- BA/BS in computer science or related field required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.