Job ID: COR000923
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator with more than 59,000 associates committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries and our technologies address a broad range of societal needs:
• Protecting the global water supply and ensuring environmental stewardship
• Protecting the world's food supply and verifying pharmaceutical dosages and authenticity
• Leading scientific research and advancing patient health with the highest diagnostic confidence
• Improving dental outcomes and promoting access to comfortable patient care around the world
Danaher generates ~$20 billion USD of annual revenue from 4 business segments: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Dental, and Environmental & Applied Solutions.
Working as a Senior System Engineer for Danaher Shared Services, you will be developing, maintaining and supporting a growing number of services for a large global enterprise. As a key member of our team, you will be involved in defining and implementing standards, automation and innovative solutions that support the success of our collaborative, science and technology driven businesses. With this position, located at our headquarters in Washington D.C., you will also ensure that the IT infrastructure used in our Corporate offices are designed, implemented and maintained according to our high-quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with key people in our global IT departments to provide secure, reliable Shared Services that you help design, test, implement and support.
o Mail (Hybrid Exchange Online)
o Instant Messaging (Skype for Business Online)
o SharePoint Online
o Directory, Identity and Authentication Services (Microsoft AD / Azure AD)
o Messaging Security (Proofpoint / EOP)
o Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
o On Premises infrastructure (VMWare)
• Act as technical lead for new service implementation and new acquisition service onboarding projects.
• Design, improve, implement automation processes with a goal to reach a zero-maintenance, zero downtime infrastructure where applicable.
• Mentor, guide, train the support/operations teams through online sessions, documentation and site visits.
This role reports directly to the head of the Danaher Shared Services team.
You will work with Corporate IT (Shared Services, Network, Security, Applications) architects, engineers, developers, support and leadership team on projects and provides subject matter expertise as necessary.
Our customers are our associates, who are supported by local IT teams; the people in these local IT teams are your interface with the customer. Maintaining a good relationship with our global IT teams is key to your success. In your role you will need to be able to communicate with people at all levels in the organization and work with several of our suppliers and partners.
You have at least 10 years hands-on experience supporting large, complex infrastructures and projects. Extensive experience in enterprise operations where teamwork, communication, scripting, process and monitoring are key elements to success. You have a proven track-record of successfully leading technical implementations of new services as part of a project team. To you a good script is as much fun as reading a good book; It is in your nature to deliver secure and reliable systems and services.
Education and/or Experience:
A College degree is required and a Bachelor degree in Computer Science is preferred.
Certifications are a good way to demonstrate your level of training and expertise.
Your years of experience and success in your career are certainly most important to us.
Job ID: COR000923