Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer to join the Release Orchestration team located in Sandy, UT. The Sr. Systems Engineer position with emphasis on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) will be crucial to the organization as we mature our DevOps culture. Site Reliability Engineering is a discipline that combines both software and systems engineering to build and run distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The SRE will ensure that our applications have the reliability and tolerance to meet our user’s needs, with a focus on capacity and performance. As we deploy our apps and services to AWS, our focus is to iteratively run better production systems by optimizing existing systems, building appropriate infrastructure and automating common tasks. As a team, we create engineering solutions to address operational problems. The SRE will be asked to use a wide variety of tools to address a broad spectrum of problems. Most importantly, we need someone who is excited to help us embrace the DevOps culture and willing to jump into new roles and responsibilities as our organization evolves. Your day-to-day
- Build and maintain automation to support the software deployment pipeline.
- Ensure proper monitoring, alerting, capacity planning and reporting for the applications.
- Contribute to the evolving design and architecture of a reliable and scalable platform.
- Perform root-cause analysis on complex problems and involve multiple stakeholders, network, hardware and software that relate to scaling and performance.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and be willing to jump on escalated issues as needed.
- Act as technical lead to ensure best practices are followed related to infrastructure design, security, disaster recovery, etc.
- Scale systems sustainably through automated tools.
- Continuously seek to improve and evolve existing systems to increase deployment velocity and improve system reliability
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field in systems engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming and scriptingexperience in one or more of the following: C, C#, C++, Java, Bash, Powershell, Go, Perl, Python, Node, etc -- Automation will be a big part of this job so you need to be comfortable writing code.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience supporting web applications in a production environment, preferably supporting modern application servers such as IIS, Apache, Nginx, etc.
- Experience with databasearchitecture, setup and administration and familiarity with DB clusters.
- An understanding of HA, clustering technologies, data replication, backup, restore and database best practices.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating system internals and administration. Provisioning servers, OS monitoring, troubleshooting, file systems, inodes, system calls, etc.
- Experience with the design and configuration of application monitoring and alerting systems
- Understanding of the underlying infrastructure that supports applications with an understanding of web servers, SSL certificates, DNS, Load Balancers, etc, and how each of these components work together to create an application platform.
- Networking experience – TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN (software defined networks)
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting cloud-enabled distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Preferred (If you haveexperiencewe are thrilled!):
- Cloud - AWS preferred but cloud experience would be useful.
- MySQL or MS SQL database platforms.
- NoSQL platforms (Mongo, Redis, Couchbase, DynamoDB).
- Application monitoring platforms (NewRelic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, etc).
- Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible, etc).
- Infrastructure-As-Code (Terraform, Fugue, CloudFormation, etc).
- Containers (Docker, Rocket, LXC,etc).
- Container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc).
- AgileExperience (Scrum, KanBan, etc).
- OO programming (C, C#, Go, Perl, Python, Node, etc) -- You may be involved with debugging applications or performance optimization of applications.
Why work for Cox Auto?You will be joining a team of energetic influencers who are building world-class software to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do. Not doing anything for you?Let’s be real, Cox Auto genuinely recognizes the important of maintaining their top talent and as such we have some real benefits we feel sets us apart.
- Competitive Salary – This is legit, we pay our top talent well and don’t ever want to lose a great employee just to make more money somewhere else.
- 401k Plan – Most companies offer this but our match is a step above. 100% match up to 6% with another annual contribution of 2%.
- PTO – We recognize the need for a healthy work/home life balance and offer 24 days of PTO + 9 paid holidays. You can earn even more the longer you work here.
- Flexible Work Schedule – We care more about the work getting done than we do about where you do it. We are very open to working from home as needed to accommodate your schedule. As long as your schedule works for your team, it works for us.
- Relaxed Atmosphere – We don’t want to add stress at work and are very flexible when it comes to dress code, working hours, etc. Once again, it’s more important that we get results than making sure you follow a rigid structure of how work should be done.
Job ID 182868