The Sr. Systems Engineer position will be crucial to the organization as we mature our DevOps culture. Our Development teams have scaled out to support our company’s rapid growth and this role will be in direct support of those teams and their initiatives. You will work with the developers to improve the scalability, reliability, and performance of their applications. This position requires someone who can work without a lot of direction, proactively identify opportunities for improvement and be adaptable to an environment undergoing a lot of change. We need someone who is comfortable writing automation that will empower and accelerate the development teams. Most importantly, we need someone who is excited to help us embrace the DevOps culture and willing to jump into new roles and responsibilities as our organization evolves. Your day-to-day
- Build and maintain automation to support the software deployment pipeline.
- Ensure proper monitoring, alerting, capacity planning and reporting for the applications.
- Contribute to the evolving design and architecture of a reliable and scalable platform.
- Perform root-cause complex problems and involve multiple stakeholders, network, hardware and software that relate to scaling and performance.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and be willing to jump on escalated issues as needed.
- Act as technical lead to ensure best practices are followed related to infrastructure design, security, disaster recovery, etc.
- 5+ years senior level experience supporting web applications in a production environment, preferably supporting modern application servers such as IIS, Apache, NGINX, etc.
- Experience with databasearchitecture, setup and administration with the ability to complete task such as setting up Redis cluster or creating a backup strategy for a MySQL data.
- An understanding of HA, clustering technologies, data replication, backup, restore and database best practices.
- Be comfortable with advanced Windows and Linux operating system administration. Provisioning servers, OS monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with a scriptinglanguage (Bash/Powershell/Python) – Automation will be a big part of this job so you need to be comfortable writing code.
- Experience with design and configuration of application monitoring and alerting systems.
- Understanding of the underlying infrastructure that supports applications with an understanding of web servers, SSL certificates, DNS, Load Balancers, etc. and how each of these components work together to create an application platform.PREFERRED (If you have experience we are thrilled!):
- Cloud - AWS preferred but cloud experience would be useful.
- MySQL or MS SQL database platforms
- NoSQL platforms like Mongo, Redis, Couchbase, DynamoDB
- Application monitoring platforms (NewRelic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, etc.)
- Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible, etc.)
- Infrastructure-As-Code (Terraform, Fugue, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- AgileExperience (Scrum, KanBan, etc.)
Why work for Cox Auto?
You will be joining a team of energetic influencers who are building world-class software to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do. Not doing anything for you? Let’s be real, Cox Auto genuinely recognizes the important of maintaining their top talent and as such we have some real benefits we feel sets us apart.
- Competitive Salary – This is legit, we pay our top talent well and don’t ever want to lose a great employee just to make more money somewhere else.
- 401k Plan – Most companies offer this but our match is a step above. 100% match up to 6% with another annual contribution of 2%.
- PTO – We recognize the need for a healthy work/home life balance and offer 24 days of PTO + 9 paid holidays. You can earn even more the longer you work here.
- Flexible Work Schedule – We care more about the work getting done than we do about where you do it. We are very open to working from home as needed to accommodate your schedule. As long as your schedule works for your team, it works for us.
- Relaxed Atmosphere – We don’t want to add stress at work and are very flexible when it comes to dress code, working hours, etc. Once again, it’s more important that we get results than making sure you follow a rigid structure of how work should be done.