Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Cloud & Virtualization Services manages an enterprise scale virtual desktop and virtual application environment, supporting more than 30,000 customers who access 7,500 virtual desktops and 100 virtual applications. The environment requires a high degree of performance and availability and is managed to maximize customer experience and workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be involved in the design, planning, implementation and support of Citrix XenDesktop and Xenapp environments, along with associated virtual client solutions.
- The candidate will work with a small team, employing advanced automation, systems management, project management and change management processes to optimize the technical environment.
- The team works with a wide range of technical specialists and customer stakeholder to deploy systems that are technically robust and that meet customer requirements.
- Successful candidate must be familiar with a wide range of Johns Hopkins customer environments.
- Excellent communication skills are a must, as well as flexibility to travel to all of the Johns Hopkins facilities to meet with potential VDI customers, learn their workflows and establish relationships with key stakeholders. Frequent visits to clinical areas may be required to perform duties.
- Citrix, XenDesktop, XenApp are the foundational components of job requirements and fluency in these technologies is a plus.
- Charts, Data-driven reports, analyses will be required on a frequent basis, synthesizing data from monitoring and management systems for analysis and action plans.
- Presentation skills are a plus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.