- Collaborating within and across cross-functional, agile teams to design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Frontline’s services through CI, CT, CD and HA practices.
- Influencing, developing, and delivering architectural designs, standards, and tools for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engaging in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance testing and/or analysis and system tuning.
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services and build automated solutions to prevent problem recurrence - with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Interacting with application development teams to understand requirements, troubleshoot problems, and evangelize adoption of systems practices
- Contributing to and evangelizing Frontline Education engineering standards and practices.
- Mentoring more junior engineers and peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Field and/or 10+ years’ experience
- Expertise in web-based applications and web architecture, preferably SaaS
- Experience with containerized applications running in Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc. is preferred1
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) practices and tools for containers (Team City, Jenkins, CircleCI, Spinnaker etc).
- Experience with operating software in the public cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with service-oriented or microservice architectures is preferred
- Working experience with Agile methodology
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience working with Windows or Linux/Unix systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Frontline Education is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran/LGBT