The Sr. Systems Engineer will lead the CS's Collaborative Nerve Center (CNC) Engineering team in support of the U.S. Air Force. As the Sr. Systems Engineer you will help enable the collaboration and integration of multiple US Air Force programs through integrated engineering support services and a "nerve center" approach. This effort supports the Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence (C3I) Infrastructure Division Enterprise IT as a Service (EITaaS) program, as well as other AFLCMC/HNI programs with similar missions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering services and multi-program supportability through seam management and metrics analysis, which will streamline and improve processes and increase cross-talk.
- Deliver results in supporting a collaborative, flexible, and Agile workforce, co-located within a single work environment.
- Support AF efforts with similar missions to increase communication, improve program efficiency and effectiveness, help eliminate duplication of effort, and ultimately improve user experience with the capabilities being developed and sustained.
- Support the delivery of innovative IT to the warfighter using the latest technologies.
- Achieve industry standards through improved integrated product teams (IPTs), which include interdependent programs.
- Ensure information superiority as a result of a culture that fosters improved quality through enhanced communications.
- Serve as a liaison with current and prospective program customers, industry and Air Force stakeholders.
- Promote a self-organizing culture of versatility and self-reliance that is product-focused to deliver faster business capabilities.
- Provide a collaborative, flexible, and Agile environment that breaks down communication and collaboration barriers to achieving required EITaaS capabilities.
- Provide support to product support integrators (PSIs) in Data Analytics and Air Force Network (AFNET) data interpretation and reconciliation
- Provide Seam Management to reach across multiple stove-piped processes and IT vendors to help to inform management and integration decisions through coordination.
- Ensure optimal business value, encourage innovation, and promote consistent and seamless end-to-end services to Air Force customers. These coordination activities span the entire service lifecycle, from inception to disposal.
- Lead the Systems Engineering/Seam Management team in conducting a quarterly deep-dive of vendors and lead a Seam Management working group in order to review and oversee the integration and coordination of existing vendors and the Government.
- Identify integration and coordination issues, track resolution, and assist in developing strategies for transitioning to a contractor-owned, contractor-operated environment.
- Collaborate with necessary vendors to produce and manage an operations nerve center that virtually displays user experience metrics and other necessary information to enable real-time quality of experience situational awareness; recommend changes and then track, within the nerve center display, improvement actions and their effects on customer experience.
- Generate various reports/deliverables including monthly program status reports to the appropriate customers and management personnel.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the Systems Engineering/Seam Management team to include oversight of activities supporting AF requirements and technical issues; also ensuring effective reporting and communication with the client, the CS team and all customers and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience managing a project of similar size and complexity (a combination of additional experience, education, and training may be used in lieu of education
- Secret clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of technical leadership of large initiatives, and experience with Air Force Enterprise Information Technology as a Service (EITaaS) or related IT program support desired.
- PMI Certified Agile Practitioner or Certified Scrum Master desired
- Background in Systems Engineering and IT project management desired
- DoDD 8570.01 compliant certification (Sec + Certification) desired
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification desired
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks.
- Speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees.
- Ability to travel.