We are seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to provide technical expertise for architecture, solution sets, and new technology updates, as well as, supports pre-sales activities. The SE will assist in the analysis, design, and development of fully integrated technology solutions while developing and fostering relationships with existing and new customers. CCI focuses on High End Routing, Optical, Broadband Access, Information Technology, Security and Network Consulting. We offer a full spectrum of network planning, assessment and implementation services, and a Cisco Gold Partner with over 60 certifications.
- Partner with the Account Management, Sales and Integration teams in a pre-sales process and provide them with technical knowledge and support of various technology vendors, specifically, Integrated Communications, Networking, Data Center solutions, virtualization, Security, and Server solutions.
- Prepare and deliver frequent on-site presentation, explaining features and benefits to customers, crafting complex software and hardware solutions, and configuring products and services to meet specific customer business needs and objectives.
- Develop, manage, and implement sales processes and procedures with assigned account management teams to meet sales goals and company directives.
- Engineer required solutions, including bill of materials, scope of work, and labor estimation.
- Collaborate with Field Engineering team to understand and develop project deliverables, design, challenges, and timelines.
- Develop and foster professional relationships with the sales team, vendor contacts, and customers.
- Create and deliver educational materials for sales teams within assigned Technology Vertical(s).
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay abreast of technical advancements in primary functional area(s) of responsibility.
Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer and Network Administration, Computer Science, engineering, or 5+ years of relevant job experience in operations or sales specific to technology related fields.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of security technologies and Telco industry experience.
- In-depth technical and product knowledge of, including the ability to design, one (or more) of the following:
- IP/MPLS networks including IP routing and switching, Segment Routing, MPLS, BGP, IGPs, core service provider routing architectures, and unified MPLS concepts. Knowledge of Cisco’s SP product sets preferred, including: ASR9000, ASR1000, ASR900 series products.
- Optical networks including DWDM and TDM/SONET. Specifically, Cisco’s CTP design tool, Cisco MSTP/MSPP solutions, as well as Cisco NCS and IPoDWDM solutions.
- Data Center and Cloud solutions that include virtualization, storage, fabric, compute, and automation. Focus on Cisco’s UCS and Nexus products, VMWare and Microsoft virtualization technologies, and NetApp/EMC storage systems.
- Security - secure architectures including sales and system design in secure architectures, cyber security, and security posture. Primary focus on network firewalling, DDos Mitigation and/or NAC.
- Ability to create technical documents, presentations, and diagrams using Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to lead a customer demonstration, training, or design session.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, and research skills.
Shift is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but must be able to work outside normal business hours when required.
Additional information approximately 50% travel is required.