Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Senior Systems Engineer
About this role:
This Senior Systems Engineer will partner with global businesses, functions and regions to drive process and value improvement projects. This person will be seen as a product development leader of software and systems engineering processes; documenting and establishing all phases from inception through completion on an internal product development life cycle web site. This person will partner with Business, Functions and Regions on developing new or refined software/systems processes.
Your responsibilities include:
- Designs, defines, implement product development system requirements, system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters by using current systems engineering methods and technologies.
- Generates innovative and unique solutions to customer needs. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined systems or processes.
- Translates customer needs into requirements and design specifications.
- Responsible for updating/enhancing internal websites.
- Interfaces/may act as liaison with product development to work through system questions/issues.
- Documents system requirements by writing documents, reports, memos, change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards.
- Solves system problems by analyzing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Identifies and drives internal/external benchmarking opportunities to improve processes/toolkits in order to drive quality, service and cost improvements.
- Collaborates and leads Global teams to drive the change management necessary to socialize the improvement and desired outcomes.
- Participates in external product development conferences and seminars to keep current with industry best practices.
What we're looking for in you:
- Engineering degree and 7+years’ experience in R&D
- Prior experience running projects required, preferredexperience in software and systems engineering
- Medical device, life sciences industry background preferred
- Experience in regulated environment
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Understanding of:
- Gathering and documentation of requirements
- Test planning, test case development and execution
- Software design, code/configure, web/app development, build and deploy
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent project & financial acumen
- Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic
- Exceptional organizational & time management skills
- Ability to travel to meet specific project needs required
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 416058