The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for configuring and maintaining the reliability of enterprise systems and services. This position supports the operation of the Company's production environment. The Sr. Systems Engineer monitors systems; develops and monitors trending and analysis for capacity planning; administers Active Directory accounts for the enterprise; manages backups; manages 400+ servers; and supports the management of creation of mailboxes. This position is responsible for daily production problems and resolutions as well as daily maintenance of all servers. The Sr. Systems Engineer will interface and work together with third party vendors, consultants and/or contractors to advance Bayview's projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure and maintain enterprise services including Active Directory, backups, DHCP, DNS, file systems, Group Policy, monitoring, patching, and print servers.
- Manage over 400+ servers running in the Miami office and remote offices.
- Build, install, and configure physical and virtual servers as requested for projects.
- Perform a preventative maintenance review of all servers on a daily basis.
- Monitor all servers on a daily basis.
- Perform clean-up and server maintenance.
- Administer entire BFTG organization using Active Directory Services.
- Manage and monitor all daily, weekly, and monthly backups as performed in NetBackup Environment.
- Use Solar Winds Network Monitoring System to create and develop trending and analysis for capacity planning.
- Work with storage team to provide storage to all environments, including but not limited to physical servers, VMWare, and NAS.
- Assist in managing Microsoft Exchange Environment in creation of mailboxes and database management.
- Assist Helpdesk on a daily basis with troubleshooting issues that are server related or involves Active Directory.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other administrators and engineers.
- Assist other IT administrators and project leads on various projects involving the any network.
- Administrate and manage Citrix XenApp Farm.
- Cross-Train Systems Engineers on new technologies and procedures
- Must be flexible and adaptable to a growing environment and to changing standards.
- Must possess an exceptional customer service focus. Experience working with business representatives to understand needs as they relate to system requirements is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated problem isolation and resolution experience.
- Must be familiar with system policies and the impact of those on policies locally and through the domain.
- Knowledge of how to manage and monitor backups as performed in NetBackup Environment is required.
- Must be familiar with Solar Winds Network Monitoring System to create and develop trending and analysis for capacity planning.
- Knowledge of OS and Active Directory Service is required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Netapp Storage Solutions.
- Functional understanding of VMWare, Virtual Switches, and Virtualized Environments is required.
- Should have knowledge of Active Directory, backups, DHCP, DNS, file systems, Group Policy, monitoring, patching, physical servers, Citrix XenApp Farm, VMWare, NAS, and print servers.
- Experience managing a Microsoft Exchange Environment in creation of mailboxes and database management is required.
- Must know hardware specifications and troubleshooting; A+ Certified a plus.
- Must have experience working in a help desk environment or data center environment.
- Must possess a functional and working understanding of Service Level Agreements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree of an accredited university with relevant major
- Minimum of 7 years IT experience providing support for servers.
- Experience using a service desk workflow automation system is required. Familiarity working in ServiceNow is a plus.
CERTIFiCATIONS, LICENSES AND/OR REGISTRATION:
- Microsoft Certified Professional or equivalent