$100K — $150K *
The Sr. Systems/Network Engineer provides senior level support in the execution of new design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Romark’s global IT systems and related infrastructure technology. This position will have a focus on, but not limited to, all aspects of design, implementation, and management of the Data Center, global sites (Tampa Home Office, Puerto Rico infrastructure, and Belgium), Cybersecurity, Server Administration, Storage and LAN/WAN/WLAN architectures. The Sr. Systems/Network Engineer ensures optimal performance is maintained across Romark's production infrastructure; in addition to providing technical standards, operational procedures as well as performing root cause analysis after critical incidents.
This senior level position with have global responsibility:
· Analyze network/server schemas and configurations to make recommendations for operational and security improvements.
· Develop and maintain complex network/server configurations to secure and improve network and system performance.
· Able to create network diagrams and documentation for documentation, design, planning.
· Fully support all aspects of the network, server, including firewalls, switches, storage and AP.
· Create and maintain instructions and documentation for end-user and administrator tasks.
· Configure, implement, test, administer, patch, troubleshoot, or maintain MS Server, firewalls, IPS, web filters, switches, routers, VPN’s, encryption, antimalware solutions and wireless networks in compliance with best practices and CIS security configurations.
· Active Directory Design and Administration.
· Create, review or modify backup and recovery policy and procedures.
· Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
· Automate common administrative tasks.
· Work with all levels of Romark Solutions staff and leadership, external consultants, the health care community, vendors, and customers to solve the needs of both internal and external Romark clients.
· Contribute to regular security and risk assessments, refine systems to support the findings of these assessments and implement additional systems as needs arise to ensure an advanced operational ad security position.
· Develop and maintain procedures and standards following industry best practice or improvements over best practices.
· Responsible for Installing, Configuring, and Managing the software installation and upgrade process on all users’ desktops and virtual environments.
· Participates in projects to implement, test, and design IT systems, modules and application.
· Receive and respond to incoming calls, texts, IM’s and e-mails regarding global systems issues.
· Provide senior level support to troubleshoot end-user issues, recommend, and implement corrective solutions.
· Responsible for ensuring backups and disaster recovery procedures are functioning properly.
· Responsible for designing testing backup and recovery strategies to ensure business uptime and reliability.
· Responsible for knowing and understanding the SDLC as it relates to ITIL, change management, and other pharmaceutical industry standards.
· Ensures all Changes and requests are documented and completed with proper documentation for business compliance and/or regulatory GxP compliance.
· Reviews the forward schedule of changes for potential conflicts and tests new software features, functions and releases.
· Work closely with IT and functional subject matter experts (SMEs) to determine the content for SOPs, WIs and forms.
· Perform system copies, TEST, VALIDATION, PRODUCTION and database refresh activities.
· May require after-hours, weekend support and on-call support as needed.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience in supporting regulated systems.
• 5+ years of experience installing, configuring, and managing infrastructure, hardware and software systems.
• Experience with pharmaceutical software (ERP Systems, Quality Management Systems, IT Security & Risk assessments, intrusion prevention, SQL report writing), ideal.
• Experience working in a FDA regulated industry that follows GxP principles such as, Manufacturing, Documentation, Laboratory, and Quality Systems environment.
• Experience supporting network equipment and firewalls, preferably Brocade, Cisco, Fortinet, Sonic
• Experience with Server Migration and Management (OS, Group Policy, Security, Administration); Active Directory Migration and Administration; ISCSI / Fiber Channel / SAN or Storage Networking; Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 implementation, migration and maintenance.
• Must possess basic programming understanding.
• Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, PAT, NAT, VPN, DNS, LDAP, basic switching and routing).
• VMWare and virtualization experience beneficial.
• Possess advanced skills in reading workflow and network diagrams and technical manuals.
• Working knowledge of system analysis, design, security methodologies, software installations, and trouble-shooting techniques
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong customer service skills and focus required; must have a can-do attitude and proven follow-through skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, exercising discretion and independent judgment, as well as part of a team.
• Requires an acute ability to clearly document all change management, change request, and system level controls working in a GxP and FDA regulated environment.
• Effectively manage multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment in crisis situations
• Works well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures and able to build relationships.
• May require after-hours, weekend support and on-call support as needed.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
• Equivalent industry certification and experience required with MCP, A+, Net +, CISSP, MCITP, Security +, Network+, VMWare, ITIL.
• Certification and/or equivalent experience working with MS operating systems, specifically Windows 2008/2012 Servers, Windows 7, Windows 8, Apple OSX, MS IIS/HTTP, MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio), MS SQL Server, and/or relational databases required.
Able to travel up to 20%, as required to manufacturing facilities overseas, Puerto Rico, Europe and the United States. Attend regular user group meetings and conferences as needed.
• Technical Capability.
• Interpersonal Skills.
• Project Management.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Ethical Conduct
• Ability to Deal with Confidential Information.
• Analytical/Problem Solving Skills.
Romark Core Values
• Vision - Big vision, no limits; purpose-driven; ability to identify potential problems or impediments and to see through them
• Competence - Exceptional knowledge and understanding of the work we are called to do; exceptional critical thinking skills
• Ingenuity - Original, creative, clever, innovative, perceptive and/or intuitive in solving problems or meeting challenges
• Courage - Willingness to take calculated risks to accomplish a noble mission
• Passion - Intense compelling enthusiasm or desire to achieve our calling/fulfill our purpose
• Integrity - Having a clear vision and understanding of that which is right and doing it; being faithful to patients and healthcare professionals
• Relationships - Trusted business partners, engaging others with professionalism, grace and respect in valued long-term relationships
• Personal Responsibility - Leadership, dependability, doing our jobs and going beyond the call to ensure success of the organization
• Respect -Humility; exhibiting special appreciation for medicines, for our work, for the responsibilities and opportunities with which we have been entrusted
• Perseverance - "In it to win it" – steadfast despite difficulty or delay
• Excellence - Being outstanding or extremely good in everything we do
Valid through: 3/12/2021