Our Senior Systems Developer / .NET Developer job description has been revised! Please review the new specifications and requirements. We're seeking a developer with full life-cycle experience to join a small but highly effective team for in-house development of multiple applications. Join a Great Place to Work and make an immediate impact! Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Senior Systems Developer participates in the delivery of medium to large-scale development efforts by participation and support of all facets of the systems development life cycle. They will assist in overseeing some of the development and support of custom computer applications, providing code review and guidance as required to the development staff. They will participate in the development, review and adoption of coding standards that will be utilized by the development staff and help to provide effective coaching and training. They will align with business partners, project leads and other development staff to ensure that functionality is delivered as required. They may also participate in long-range systems development planning.
- Code will be developed based on secure coding principles. A proven record of secure coding principles and translation of those principles will be required.
- Participates in efficient and accurate operation of the work unit including: assisting with work assignments, review of work product, providing guidance, mentoring and training as required.
- Ensures systems development tasks meet defined business requirements and are developed and documented so they are easily maintained and/or enhanced.
- Participates in and reviews systems development best practices. Participates in ensuring standards are followed in their code and by the development staff.
- Works and meets with other developers, designers, and users, to ensure that the development supports the defined strategic goals of the organization.
- Participates in a high level of system testing in collaboration with the business and infrastructure teams to ensure solid performance and reliability
- Participates in efforts to explore and adopt, when beneficial, emerging and alternative methodologies and toolsets.
- Uses modeling of data and business processes to determine system requirements and design.
- All systems are developed using best practices, for programming, security, database development, documentation, and source code management.
- Will provide consultation with business users on information systems and support of applicable applications with after-hours support ifnecessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or combination of related education and experience.
- 5+ years of development and analysis experience.
- 3+ years development experience working in an agile environment desired
- Proven experience with .NET technologies using the MVC framework
- Experience with unit testing or automated testing a plus