H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
In addition to our stores, HEB operates 13 manufacturing Plants across Bakery, Dairy, Snacks, Meat Processing, Meal Prep, Floral, Print and Packaging industries.
H-E-B is investing in our Plant's digital footprint, reinventing our systems and data capabilities across all aspects of Plant operations and Manufacturing execution – from OT to IT.
H-E-B's Digital Manufacturing group is a new team within H-E-B's Digital organization; committed to delivering this technology transformation in partnership with H-E-B's Manufacturing Division. Candidates to join this team must be excited by the potential of delivering various systems from the plant floor to senior leadership.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... ability to lead / influence stakeholders?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... expertise to collaborate / lead with technically diverse, cross-functional project teams?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to champion a strategic technology roadmap that can transform H-E-B Manufacturing?
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PROCESS RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned as necessary)
- Able to serve as the primary analyst on highly complex projects for at least two analyst-related tasks (i.e., Requirements Analysis, Change Management, or Quality Assurance), leveraging relevant CoE-related tools and processes.
Specific tasks include:
- Identifying and documenting functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure business understanding of the impact of their requests on the project, associated applications, and other business units.
- Refining requirements into a state that can be leveraged by software developers.
- Responsible for working with business and project leaders to develop communication, training, and implementation plans (`small c') that address people, process, and technology changes associated with the successful implementation of the initiative.
- In order to facilitate the above, managing relationships with project and business leaders (manager and director) is critical in order to influence and drive the adoption of a new technology.
- Works with the above project and business leaders to understand how project implementation impacts change throughout other areas of the organization and influences above business leadership to navigate organization through the change (`big C').
- Developing test cases designed to validate the documented functional and non-functional requirements.
- Executing or facilitating the execution of test scripts based on test cases.
- Ensuring that any unacceptable defects are resolved prior to production release.
- Contributes to refinement of CoE-related tools, standards, and training.
- Directly improves the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the IS Department's software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION PREFERRED:
- 6-9 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent on the job training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Has excellent command of CoE-related processes and tools in at least two analyst-related disciplines (i.e., Requirements Analysis, Change Management, or Quality Assurance).
- Is able to serve as primary analyst for all CoE related processes and tools may require guidance from a more experienced Partner in one of the analyst-related disciplines.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude to advance to the next level i.e. Lead Analyst
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Work extended hours
- Other (specific to the job)