LinQuest is seeking a Senior Systems Architecture Analyst familiar with national security space systems to join our team at the Pentagon. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the team defining our Nation’s Space Enterprise and New Acquisition processes required to deliver Space Capability on rapid timelines. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of the New Space Force Service Standup. The Senior Analyst will support the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Space Acquisition and Integration (SAF/SP).See More
SAF/SP has overall responsibility for space policy, enterprise architectures, acquisition oversight, issue integration, and strategy for the Department of the Air Force (DAF).
This office also provides the principal support to the Secretary of the Air Force (SecAF) on space matters and coordinates activities across the DAF space enterprise. The SAF/SP staff prepares policies for approval and drafts official guidance/procedures via official DAF publications to ensure implementation of those policies.
• Lead working groups and facilitate developing solutions to complex, multi-faceted systems engineering and operational problems
• Help lead cross-functional teams analyzing national level strategies, requirements, capabilities, and resources to recommend effective National Security Space architectures at the enterprise level
• Build effective working relationships across the DAF space architectural community, including within Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), and Space Operations Command.
• Review and assess operational and system level space architectures to assess their potential for integration into the enterprise architecture
• Advise the government customer on the benefits, risks, feasibility, and cost-effectiveness of various Courses of Action (COAs) to achieve the enterprise architectural vision in near, medium, and long-term epochs
• Prepare and deliver executive level briefings, explain complex concepts in simple language, summarize key decisions, and provide recommendations supported by analysis.
• Expert at National Security Space (NSS) acquisition program management, preferably with experience spanning echelons from system program office to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) (or comparable)
• Master’s degree in in an Engineering, Scientific, or Analysis field related to national security space (Defense and/or IC)
• Twenty or more years’ experience in operations, engineering, scientific, analysis, policy and/or planning field related to Defense Space
• An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for SCI is required for the position
• Thorough familiarity with the full range of Space Operations and Associated Capabilities (per Joint Publication 3-14)
• Thorough familiarity with Defense Space and National Security Space in the areas of strategy, requirements, capabilities, architectures, programs, acquisition, and operations
• Thorough familiarity with requirements development concepts, processes, boards, and documents comprising the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS)
• Thorough familiarity with the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES)
• Exemplary ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Space Systems Engineering or a related field
• Familiarity with Digital Engineering concepts and practices, including experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) software, applications, products, and practices
• Experience supporting OSD, Service HQ or DoD Agency or IC staffs
• Familiarity with civil, commercial and international space capabilities
• Knowledge of the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
Valid through: 12/18/2020