The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible, but not limited to, the support and maintenance of the Henry Ford Health System Corporate Windows Endpoint Infrastructure. The Sr. Systems Analyst will support, and may lead, the planning, implementation, and support of infrastructure hardware, configuration, and services. In addition, you will work with various teams to provide a complete end user experience, conduct proofs of concept, and pilot testing of new solutions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the operational duties of the enterprise System Center solutions – Configuration Manager and Orchestrator
- Tier 3 escalation for the Windows client operating system including but not limited to complex enterprise software integration and Windows 10 version upgrade analysis and deployment.
- Set up and configure hardware and software for enterprise infrastructure services
- Backup operator of VMWare Horizon VDI environment
- Thoroughly document the configuration and installation of the systems.
- Provide technical assistance to development projects as needed
- Lead and/or participate in production incidents from root cause analysis through resolution.
- Provide guidance to other junior members of the team as needed.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Development of enterprise policy and standards for managed endpoints including Windows desktops, Mobile phones/tablets and printers.
- Integration with application packaging team and application deployment
- Handle escalations for End User Services support teams
- System Documentation and training for end users as well as technical support teams
- Maintain Corporate desktop infrastructure
- Building and maintaining standard Windows images
- Research of emerging technologies for endpoint devices
- Maintenance of the SCCM environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) or more years of infrastructure hosting experience working in a technical capacity.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure service architecture patterns, design methodologies and frameworks.
- Management and operation experience with multi-tier systems and applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Technical Certifications preferred.
- ITIL Certified preferred.
Additional Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Able to drive detailed design planning, development and deployment of a standard desktop infrastructure including OS, application packages and the associated security requirements
- Ability to create innovative solutions, add value to the team in terms driving new ideas and possess a forward thinking, strategic mentality
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to interface with all technical proficiencies in the enterprise
- Extensive experience with SCCM, including patch management, OSD, application deployment, and inventory/asset management is a must
- Depth of knowledge and understanding of the operational characteristics and requirements of multiple versions of workstation based Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows 10 servicing
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Group Policy design / implementation
- Mobile Device Management (AirWatch, Microsoft Intune) platforms is a plus
- Virtual Desktop (VDI)/Application Virtualization technology
- Experience with VMWare Horizon View