Sr Systems Analyst or Systems Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
· Keep abreast of current technology in both hardware and software in order to recommend business solutions that fit system constraints, meet user needs, and match the company's strategic outlook.
· Participate in feasibility and conceptual design, functional design, and general design studies.
· Advise user departments about functional design and impact on departmental operations. Consult with user departments in the analysis of manual and automated systems; assists in presentation of detailed functional specifications, formats, and templates. Suggests solutions to problems presented that fit within the operating limitations of equipment.
· Analyze existing systems and databases, and recommend enhancements to solve identified business needs. Apply working knowledge of application components (e.g. file structures) in conjunction with query tools to solve identified business needs.
· Perform all aspects of internal system acceptance testing, ensuring delivery of well-tested system enhancements, and further ensuring systems meet business requirements. May perform daily supervision of a cross-functional testing team, where appropriate, in preparing system and integration test data, testing and reporting test results to programming and to management.
· Trouble-shoot incidents reported by end-users, escalating where necessary to schedule system changes, and discussing resolutions with end-users in order to arrive at a permanent solution.
· Coordinate, analyze and schedule system change requests with users and supervisor.
· Ensure systems meet the business needs of users by acting as a liaison and listening post with users and user representatives regarding system change requests and specific business requirements design. Maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records and policies.
· Enhance project management skills by participating in defining and presenting system solutions and time lines for identified business needs and/or technical problems to management.
· In conjunction with end-users and others, decide what changes need to be made to documentation, training, problem diagnosis, and programs, in view of the utilization and application of end-user skills to solve the identified business need.
· May provide project management skills on simple to moderately complex projects.
· Advise user departments and assists in the selection of software packages from outside vendors to solve defined user needs. Advise user departments in the development and/or change of departmental procedures.
· Communicate and explain business requirements design to other team members, including user interface and integrated performance support, programmers and analysts, documentation providers, and training, implementation, and support personnel ensuring business requirements are well-understood and implemented.
· As part of a testing team, may assign and schedule available staff to ensure testing assignments are successfully completed on time according to the plan, reporting any variances to supervisor.
- Ability to use problem solving approaches, effective communication in various settings and with a variety of audiences, strategic thinking and planning, etc to achieve the required outcome with teams both internal and external.
- Oversee document development across various project work-streams. Ensure the internal control statements are created per the compliance and regulatory standards. Provide input for complex documents and ensures final versions are client ready. Review documents with clients and primary users.
- Able to use requirement gathering templates/protocols to collect information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of defects and issues. Can recognize a defect, a user error, training issue, data issue, etc. in the testing context.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the different phases of testing and is able to articulate them clearly.
- Write simple to moderate test scripts and prepare simple to moderate test data.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3+ years work experience in job with systems analysis and design, implementation, training, and testing required; or 3+ years experience in Slot Management area with 1+ years experience in analysis, design, implementation, testing and training. Requires knowledge of slot gaming systems
Requires basic knowledge of database uses and design, spreadsheets, word processing and operating systems. Basic knowledge of systems analysis and design preferred. Experience in hardware installation and diagnostics preferred, usually acquired through previous business systems experience. Basic knowledge of project management techniques required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in Computer Sciences, Management Sciences, Hotel/Casino Management, Accounting, or Engineering field preferred.