The Sr. Systems Analyst plays a key role in providing Business Analysis for the Corporate function. Will need to foster innovative thinking and very high focus on quality and timeliness of deliverables. Will also serve as a liaison between Stakeholders and IT working closely with business groups to understand their needs and define system requirements through fact finding and research. This role is critical to driving the strategic value of Business Systems Analysis and high quality deliverables.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides leadership, vision and direction to key business initiatives by integrating processes and information in support of the business mission
• Works with Business Partners and Project Teams to analyze, design, implement and/or support business applications/systems
• Develops detailed functional system and program specifications using structured design methodologies
• Supports customers to resolve issues with systems or business process/procedures
• Analyzes functional requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve systems
• Writes detailed business description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems.
• Examples of artifacts from analyst are Business Requirements Documents, Current and Proposed flow diagrams
• Works with Business Partners, Technical Analysts, and Developers to further define specifications, indicate areas of system impact, and continuously communicates project status and needs
• Follows the Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures
• Develops, analyzes and manages project schedules and appropriate project management documentation
• Works with the Business Partners throughout the project development lifecycle to ensure their needs are addressed
• Oversees project development process to ensure that it meets stated requirements
• Reports status, manages change control processes, and performs program/project communications
• Assists in the preparation of Technical Requirements Documents, Negotiates project plans, time frames and trade-offs with Business Partners understanding the impacts to project
• Executes/Validates Test cases for projects on a pre and post production basis
• Coordinates testing of enhancements, and if needed develops, provides educational tools and materials.
• May be involved with planning/scheduling and resources allocation
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
• Strengths usually revolve around communication, organization, and cross functional business and application knowledge
• Communicate complex ideas to Business Partners at their own level of understanding
• Provides effective leadership through the development of standard practices and effective communication
• Ensures on-time delivery of all projects
• Excellent spoken and communication skills
• Excellent planning and task-tracking skills
• Excellent analysis and assessment of business needs and cross-system impacts
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project and Visio
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science or related area of study with 5years of work experience; Will consider a Master’s degree with 2years of experience as a computer software professional.
• Project Management or Project Coordination experience with good understanding of SDLC/Agile methodologies.
• Ability to understand OOO concepts and codes.
• Hands on experience on SQL required.
• Expertise in Design concepts (OOA/OOD), Object Oriented Programming, RDBMS.