- Performs and/or coordinates configuration changes for applications in the area of responsibility.
- Defines, analyzes, and evaluates existing business functions and processes and makes recommendations to management on opportunities for process improvements.
- Meets with business partners, project managers, and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, set system goals, identify and resolve system issues, and lead prioritization of build items. Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications to stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Leads design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow; documents risks and identifies mitigation strategies.
- Participates in the execution of test cases as part of the Quality Assurance process.
- Translates conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team. This includes creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the team.
- Reviews system design plans for reasonableness and fit with the business requirements.
- Conducts research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Provides orientation to end users for modifications to existing processes and new functionality.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of business administration, computer science, accounting, or management information systems.
- 5 to 9 years in supporting Kronos workforce central and other solutions like Time Keeping, Labor Management interface, Leave of Absence module, Labor Scheduling, Time and Attendance, ADP interfaces and Connect software for interfaces.
- Experience in software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Advanced knowledge of HR systems.
- Advanced skills supporting users in administration of profiles, pay rules, holidays, balances, overtime, tasks, pay codes, building blocks, work rules, pay periods, and all other configuration in Kronos.
- Advanced knowledge of the workforce integration manager software.
- Advanced knowledge of applying patches released by Kronos or other HR applications.
- Advanced understanding of principles of time and attendance, labor scheduling, benefits and other payroll process in Kronos and other HR applications.
- Advanced skills supporting pay period close and FLMA processes.
- Advanced understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the native Kronos and other HR application's technical architecture/solution.
- Advanced knowledge of Genies and ad-hoc reports in Kronos.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong ability to work independently, work in a fast paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to use proven problem-solving approaches to most solutions.