CDS Global has a great opportunity for a Java Developer who is motivated to make a difference. We are looking for a full stack developer who will work on our Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment platform, integrating mobile and online payments to leading credit card processors and other payment vendors. You will be part of a small development team operating in an open, fast paced environment, using Agile methodology.
- Maintains confidentiality of CDS and its clients’ proprietary information.
- Provides project management for design, development and testing of critical projects.
- Analyzes user requests and recommends course of action to management.
- Produces appropriate research and analysis necessary to complete development projects.
- Directs or assists others in development of detailed programs and system specifications and test plans.
- Plans, develops and tests ways to apply systems resources to additional operations.
- Defines goals of the system and devises flow charts and/or diagrams describing logical steps of programs.
- Provides regular communication updates to Development management, requestors, and other affected departments for assigned projects.
- Provides team management for technical crisis resolution and assistance to development staff.
- Conducts comprehensive reviews of projects/tasks to ensure adherence to design and quality objectives.
- Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established development practices and standards.
- Using various resources, continually learns, studies and applies new information in fast paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Interacts in cooperative and professional manner with all levels of employees, vendors and/or clients in team-oriented environment.
- Works on call when required or requested.
- AWS experience a plus
- Travels off-site when required or requested.
- Assumes additional duties as required or requested.
- Follows all CDS ergonomic and safety policies.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND LICENSING
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or four-year related degree, and/or equivalent job related experience.
- Eight or more years of progressively complex programming/analysis work experience
- Successful work experience designing and implementing complex multi-program projects
- Experience advising and providing consultation to others on complex business issues requiring application of technical and management principles
- Experience making decisions on variety of tasks frequently requiring discretion, judgement and initiative, guided by general procedures or standards
- Proven management experience
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience documenting procedures for solving business problems
- Experience working in changing technical environment and remaining productive
- If travel is required, has access to transportation requiring a valid driver’s license, proof of safe driving record and active insurance.
What we offer:
When you accept a new job, you're looking for more than a salary. At CDS Global, employee benefits are a significant part of your compensation package. The CDS Global compensation program is designed not only to attract and retain, but also to reward high-performing employees. Employees receive merit increases and may also receive a salary increase when promoted internally.
- Health Insurance
- Employee Savings Plan - 401(k)
- Life Insurance
- Wear jeans every day
- Regular events that bring you and your coworkers together outside the office for fun, informal events
- Free parking
- Discounts available through CDS Global and Hearst, our parent company.