This position is responsible for designing enhancements and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements; serving as technical designer to identify best solution and resulting technical specifications within limits of code environment; linking Business Analyst needs and Architect definition to technical solutions.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years Information Technology OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6 year Information Technologyexperience OR 8 years Information Technologyexperience. Experience with Data analysis: must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Experience developing/use of DB2 and Teredata databases to analyze and interpret results using standard tools and techniques
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to present findings, or translate the data into an understandable document.
- Mine data from primary and secondary sources
- Clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information
- Proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; take responsibility when needed;
- Experience in producing System Data Requirements, Functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience in data mapping.
- Knowledge of UNIX
- Knowledge of application configuration
- Knowledge of Big Data Analytics - HADOOP
- Knowledge of Cloud computing / SaaS / IaaS / PaaS technologies
- Knowledge of Integration Technologies - Talend/ Datastage
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages - BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY
- Experience in Requirements definition & management
- SDLC Methodology - Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development
- System Performance management
- Conceptual thinking
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis
- Enjoying discovering and solving problems
- Being able to work in stressful situation when insights in (new) data sets is required quickly
- Experience preparing presentations and communicating findings to internal and external customers.
- Experience working with little supervision to consistently meet deadlines.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related
- Ability to execute
- Math Skills: Data analysts need math skills to estimate numerical data.
- Experience in Data Quality and Data Audit and Controls.