This is an experienced position in the Enterprise Business Systems - Order To Cash department of the Global Information Services organization of Arconic. This team has responsibility to maintain, enable, and enhance the Oracle EBS - Order to Cash technologies to meet the needs of the business. The principal challenges of this position are to participate in the development, deployment and implementation of new business unit solutions; to provide on-going support and assistance to the Business units as required, to understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing the existing systems and solutions; and to apply and teach Arconic’s standards, procedures and technologies. The incumbent will participate as an internal consultant to Arconic’s businesses and various customer groups.
Primary focus areas for this role will include:
- Provide primary functional and technical support and enhancement services within the Oracle EBS EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) application space, along with 2 third party applications (Viziya and Adventx)
- Provide functional and technical support/ enhancement services with the Oracle EBS Order to Cash application space. Become knowledgeable and familiar with Sales Order Entry, Inventory, Shipping, Item, BOM, Routing, and manufacturing processes to support the needs of the business units utilizing the Oracle EBS application suite
- Work directly with customers to resolve issues, develop enhancements, and collaborate to drive business value in the above areas
- Coordination of efforts and priorities between business units, internal technical resources, vendors and two distinct off-shore teams to drive deliverables
The incumbent should be able to:
- Work alone or as part of a team to provide development, implementation services, evaluation services of solutions and systems, and/or support for the Oracle EBS application systems and any third party applications attached to it to meet the needs of the customer and add the most value to the company. This is to be accomplished by utilizing technically sound methods of investigation, analysis, design, planning, and scheduling.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer interaction in order to identify and recommend computer and business solutions to effectively and efficiently satisfy the data processing and information requirements of the business.
- Participate and collaborate in the design and deployment of Busines solutions within the EBS application suite by researching Oracle application capabilities, recommending potential application solutions to the business, and engaging with members of the infrastructure team to ensure we adhere to standard solution and support guidelines.
- Engage with mulitple levels of the organization and business unit customers to evaluate, present, and demonstrate the capabilities of the Oracle EBS application.
- Provide/coordinate reactionary support and/or preventive maintenance on the application systems or technologies in assigned area(s) of responsibility, with little or no supervision.
- Manage the troubleshooting and problem solving required to solve application issues including the escalation process to resolve.
- Provide advice and counsel to the customers of the application systems or technologies in assigned area(s) of responsibility, and to other GIS personnel.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business processes or technologies in area(s) of assignment; participate in, and learn how to perform the analysis of the customer's processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement including the documentation of data flows for the purpose of developing solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Follow the project management process in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Operate within Arconic IS standards and conventions and applicable Arconic BU/RU IT standards.
- Identify, establish and support value-added cross-functional data and system linkages.
- Follow appropriate methodologies, support processes, and procedures.
- Comply with all guidelines detailed in the IT ASAT (with a specific focus on business partnerships, change control, disaster recovery, and security) for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Operate within an on- and off-shore model that provides development and/or support solutions in the assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Pursue continuous learning consistent with the movement in the job requirements and changes in technology.
- In addition to individual priorities, manage a single system service or multiple smaller projects including project estimates, status communications, and schedules; execute the plans including regular review with immediate supervisor; direct the day-to-day activity for the team.
- Lead the discovery, planning and implementation of process improvements in individual tasks and in the work team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within information services or information technology.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or math, from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of system life cycle.
- Experience with Oracle eAM and/or other Oracle modules is highly preferred.
- Be able to provide work direction to teams and manage medium-size projects.
- Have strong human relation skills, and be able to interact with internal and external customers, vendors, other IS professionals, and Global Information Services management.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be familiar with Arconic’s infrastructure support processes.
- Have familiarity with Arconic’s business environment.
- Strong interest and application of using data to solving business problems.