Will sponsor a clearance for this position for the most qualified candidate, but a cleared candidate is highly preferred!!!
This role will be multi-level and at the discretion of the hiring manager after evaluating the interviewed applicant's skills and experience. US Citizen Status is required as this this position will need a DoD US Security Clearance.
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at RMD, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place
. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by RMD employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our RMD Digital Technology (DT) organization ensures that RMD teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support RMD's IT infrastructures around the world.
System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.Capped Relocation is available for the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy. Budget will be discussed at the appropriate stage of the process.Responsibilities:
- Assure system reliability and performance through monitoring and infrastructure management
- Provide system administration and maintenance support on Linux, UNIX and Windows-based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
- Convert and upgrade to new systems
- Develop and maintain technical and operational documentation to continually improve our computing environments
- Engage in knowledge sharing to further develop the overall capability and performance of your technical team
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in IT or STEM and 6 year of direct experience with Linux or a Master degree in IT/STEM field and 2 years of Linus or in lieu of a degree 8 additional years of direct experience
- 4+ years of experience with Linuxoperating systems (RHEL 6.x, 7.x)
- Experience with Virtual computing technologies (VMWare and its components)
- Experience with thin client technologies (VDI)
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
- Must be a US Citizen, US Citizen Status is required as this this position will need a DoD Security Clearance.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 2+ years of Windows operating system experience
- Active Directory and group policy management
- Security+ certification
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- An active US DoD Secret Clearance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.