Clearance: Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
Travel/Training: Training for first 2 weeks at base location then travel to Orlando for 1-2 weeks. May require occasional CONUS travel after training.
Hours: Regular Business Hours
Certifications: Requires a Comptia Security+
Rate: Flexible based on education/certifications and experience
System Administrators are expected to provide maintenance of ALIS to include performing backups, applying any operating system updates and configuration changes, installing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs), installing and configuring any new hardware/software, adding/deleting/modifying user account information, resetting passwords, answering technical queries, responsibility for security, responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system, and troubleshooting any reported problems.
- Maintain ALIS system administration to include disaster recovery, backup/archiving of data, data integrity within ALIS.
- Maintain and store System Logs.
- Create and maintain system backups and images.
- Coordinate with the DBA to carry out and sustain system wide backups and restores.
- Coordinate with the DBA to retain essential ALIS data for future recovery purposes.
- System Maintenance and Monitoring
- Provide overall onsite maintenance and support of a particular ALIS operating unit.
- Provide general system health monitoring for ALIS.
- Monitor both physical and virtual servers' resources such as disk space, Central Processing Unit (CPU) usage, and Random Access Memory (RAM) utilization.
- Provide productivity and efficiency analysis for continuous improvement to include metrics tracking and reporting.
- Route and track to resolution ALIS system problems documented by Action Requests (ARs).
- Observe the ALIS component vitals and respond appropriately when low and high thresholds are reached.
- Ensure ALIS components meet all compliance and regulations at all times.
- Perform shutdown and restarts, when necessary, of the ALIS operating unit.
- Track metrics, such as current software versions, upgrades, and changes throughout the ALIS components.
System Configuration Control
- Manage the configuration of resources and operation of workstations, servers, applications, and the ALIS infrastructure.
- Manage an accurate representation of the ALIS configurations and serialized inventories.
- Manage the configurations of ALIS software and hardware components.
- Perform Configuration identification, control, status accounting, and audits.
- Maintain the Configuration Management (CM) Library.
- Identify and mitigate configuration management risk
- Manage CM tasks within the agreed upon detailed schedule.
- Assist in Corrective Action Process.
- Assist in managing COTS / GOTS for ALIS.
- Conduct the change board to aid in software advancements.
- Administer various CM tools being used across all ALIS.
- Monitor all processes to aid in software implementation and tracking
- Manage integrated Problem Reporting, Version Control, and Baseline tool across the ALIS Program.
- Administer LOHAS Ground Data Security Assembly (DSA) Receptacle (GDR) (for SOUv1) or LO Module Dedicated System Processor (DSP) (for SOUv2).
- Hardware Monitoring
- Serve as the primary observer and maintainer of the ALIS operating unit hardware.
- Monitor hardware alerts and failures with ability to replace any faulty ALIS hardware component.
- Monitor and support Low Observable Health Assessment System (LOHAS) workstations.
- Software Maintenance
- Assist with minor software ALIS application related tasks.
- Maintain ALIS tools and processes used to perform administrator activities.
- Maintain proper ALIS component configurations to support the use of the Enhanced Data Transfer Cartridge (EDTC).
- Monitor all intra-ALIS communication infrastructure.
User Maintenance & Support
- Establish user accounts and administration functions related to users.
- Provide technical support for ALIS.
- Serve as the primary POC for any questions or concerns posed by any ALIS user aimed at the particular onsite ALIS operating unit.
- Perform troubleshooting on a multitude of user and system predicaments as well as be able to redirect incidents out of his expertise to the appropriate responsible party for resolution.
- Provide direct support to the ALIS users and may aid in the creation and configuration of ALIS user accounts.
- Coordinate with other administrators while receiving troubleshoot tickets from ALIS users regarding all different areas of the ALIS components.
The System Administrator requires a particular set of skills and knowledge to adequately perform system administration, including but not limited to: system management, information/data security, and system configuration control. While some of these skills and knowledge set may already exist in the designated system administrator, these skills are typically developed through a training curriculum or by OJT. It is planned that one (1) of the three (3) system administrators will be the lead system administrator providing general oversight and management for all assigned ALIS system administrators.
Tools & Applications
- Symantec Recovery
- NetIQ AppManager
- NetIQ Security Manager
- Active Directory and Remote Access Dial-In User Server (RADIUS)
- HP Insight Manager
- VMware Virtual Center
- Network Instruments Link Analyst
- MS Windows 7
- MS Windows Server 2012
- MS Active Directory
- WebMethod Integration Server
- Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) WebLogic Application Server
- Microsoft Data Center
- SUNRay Server
- Network-attached Storage (NAS)/Storage Area Network (SAN) Technology
- Virtualization Technology
- WAN/LAN Infrastructure & Technology
- Web Application Server Technology
- Messaging and Messaging Queuing Technology
- Virtualization Technology
- Application Troubleshooting
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Siebel
- Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS)
- Scripting (shell, batch)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCITP) ? it is important to note that Microsoft recognizes a combination of A+ and Network+ certifications or a combination of A+ and Server+ certifications are alternative courses that can be counted toward the MCITP certification.
- Certified SOLARIS system administration
- SUNRay Server management training (used only at the ALOU)
- Security+ CE Certification
The ALIS System Administratorworks with other ALIS administrators onsite and at other sites to provide and ensure complete oversight of the ALIS databases, network, and system. The ALIS System Administrator provides inputs to the ALIS Network Administrator in determining the optimal time or period to perform network configuration changes in effort to reduce the impact to end users. The ALIS System Administrator coordinates with the DBAs on the system wide backup and data restore process and essential data retentionrequired for future recovery purposes. The ALIS System Administrator coordinates with the ALIS Network Administrator in verifying traffic is transmitted to and from ALIS by the correct means with acceptable performance. The ALIS System Administrator also coordinates with the other administrators to assist in minor software related tasks, maintain tools and processes used by ALIS administrators, and perform needed maintenance and support for a given application for which the administrator is responsible.