- Must have an active Top Secret SCI clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- The Engineer must be willing to travel to sites around the DC Metropolitan area up to 40 percent of the time
- The Engineer must have the ability to lift at least 70 pounds repeatedly
- Satellite Server
Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 6 years of relevant experience OR
- Eight (8) additional years of work experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree