The Systems Administrator’s purpose is to provide solutions that will give HealthSmart a competitive advantage through technology. This is achieved by providing high levels of availability for multiple business-critical computer systems, ensuring the protection of client and partner data and company assets through the latest IT industry security practices, participate in the planning and implementation of policies, procedures and best-practices that will ensure HealthSmart achieves an overall superior level of service in the healthcare coverage industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technologies, tools, and existing designs.
Acts as a project lead in the design and review of new systems, applications, and hardware.
Coordinates and collaborates with network administrators, developers/programmers, database administrators, and IT Operations staff to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate systems to meet business demands.
Acts as an expert technical resource to other systems administration department staff in the infrastructure design, testing, and implementation processes.
Communicates effectively with business units to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
Quickly and efficiently converts business requirements to technical project plans that account for business continuity requirements.
Executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
Works with management to adapt standards to ever-evolving and emerging technologies.
Mentors and trains co-workers with less experience by formal and informal means.
Adheres to technical documentation standards defined by IT management.
Assists in the facilitation of team meetings.
Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
Communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Liaises with third-party support and equipment vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
Plans and implements server upgrades, patch management, and vendor supplied patches.
Monitors and tests system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
Administers and maintains end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
Manages and supports enterprise messaging system infrastructure (Microsoft Exchange).
Recommends and executes modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
Conducts research on emerging hardware and software products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
Interacts and negotiates with vendors and contractors to secure products and services.
Develops and maintains training materials and server documentation.
- Bachelor degree in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years direct Systems Administration work experience required.
- Extensive experience required working with VMware in architecting, creating, fine-tuning, and maintaining virtual environments utilizing vSphere, Operations Manager, and vMotion.
- Proficient in Nutanix administration with in depth understanding of cluster operations and troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of all versions of Windows Server.
- Practical experience with Active Directory organization and complicated group policy management.
- Skill-sets for upgrading and designing of enterprise Exchange environment including on-premise, and Office365 solutions.
- Ability to manage Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and newer from a systems administration role is a strong plus.
- Ability to support web publishing technologies including all versions of IIS as well as Apache.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Direct experience preferred in designing and maintaining VMware NSX network virtualization and security platform.
- Working technical knowledge creating and editing PowerShell, VBScript, and batch files.to efficiently perform and/or automate systems administration tasks.
- Working knowledge of current and emerging storage technologies, in particular, hyper-converged, software-defined, and SAN.
- Effective written and oral communication skills; ability to utilize interpersonal skills to work with team members and business units within the company.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terminology.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Requisition ID : 1937