We're looking for a new Senior Windows Systems Administrator to join the IT Operations team. You will be responsible for planning and executing the integration of Windows based products and services into a complex data center and network environment. This, of course, will be accomplished in an efficient, secure, scalable, reliable, and cost effective manner.
As a team player, this is what you should expect:
Perform light programming (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks). Evaluate, implement and support Windows based solutions for our production systems and applications. This includes administration and support of:
- Active Directory and associated systems
- Office 365 services (Core Operations support)
- 3rd party Microsoft Windows based applications
- Various Microsoft Windows Server Roles/Features
Finally, you will be accountable for planning and executing small-to-medium scale projects within the Technical Operations team. Typical projects would include new business unit initiatives and updates to existing products and services that require planning, incredible attention to detail, and flawless execution.
Show us the following:
- Skills in administration of Microsoft Active Directory and associated roles (DNS, DHCP, Print/File Services, RDS, GPO, WSFC, DFS)
- Experienced knowledge of SCCM 2012 Administration
- Administration of F5 Data Backup and Recovery systems, including NetApp/EMC snapshot technologies, and Commvault Data Protection
- Experienced Exchange 2016 on-premises administration and troubleshooting skills
- Expert ability to develop scripting and automation processes, using PowerShell and associated modules
- Manage, maintain, and improve a comprehensive OS and Application patching program for systems within team scope of responsibility
- Support daily operations by resolving incidents, requests, and problems associated with various IT systems.
- Comprehensive administration of assigned systems, including product evaluation, selection, installation, integration, user support, problem resolution, & ongoing maintenance of hardware, operating systems, networking, and application software.
- Technical leadership in implementing tasks on large/complex systems and infrastructure projects.
- Lead project teams to develop, document, and analyze business & technical requirements; conduct alternatives analyses; prepare project specifications, plans & schedules; communicate with partners; coordinate approvals & necessary resources; and deliver fully validated and tested results on-time, within budgeted costs.
- Lead, develop, and implement forward-looking strategies for satisfying worldwide business needs and maintaining technical currency with assigned systems.
- Establish & Maintain up-to-date configuration and recovery documentation for assigned systems.
- Lead ongoing communications regarding system issues/activities with all stakeholders: department executives and managers, end users, IT staff, vendors, customers, etc.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities of junior team members are adhered to, mentor and act as a role model.
Show us your skills:
- You should demonstrate and ability to prioritize work and juggle daily support responsibilities with project/product driven roles and actions to automate/evolve the environment.
- Join us with 5 years’ experience directly administering and managing Microsoft Active Directory in a medium-large production environment.
- Microsoft SCCM platform administration
- Experience planning, crafting, and executing migrations of on-premises systems and services to the cloud.
- Problem Analysis and Solving Skills: expert ability to troubleshoot a complex issue down to potential contributing components, identify root cause if possible or gather supporting evidence for escalation
- Incorporate daily sustaining roles with continued progress on strategic improvements. Prioritize issues, determine what requires immediate attention, and coordinate actions/maintain focus to achieve the greatest efficiency.
- Ability to investigate and resolve performance issues with Windows physical or virtual machines.
- Competencies to work with customers or customer representatives such as Customer Service and Product Management to understand requirements and translate them into efficient system designs and operational support structures.
- Competencies in administration/support of Cisco and Dell Servers.
- Deep knowledge of current IT infrastructure best practices.
- Develop scripts and other tools for automations (one procedural or scriptinglanguage, such as PowerShell)
- Advanced systems analysis and design skills with broad focus on supporting systems.
- Proficient familiarity with IT governance methodologies (ITIL, COBIT, MOF, etc.)
- Provide excellent hands-on experience and skills with operating systems (Windows2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016) preferred
- Infrastructure applications (DNS/DHCP/Print/File, etc.), and general IT infrastructure operations.
Nice to 'haves':
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017 (Operational Administration) preferred.
- Experience with VMware vSphere platforms.
- Experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of Skype for Business and Exchange 2016
- Experience in administration and support of SolarWinds monitoring products
- Experience in use and implementation of SumoLogic log management and analytics service