The Sr. Systems Administrator will provide system administration duties for multiple servers and networks in a research environment. The Sr. Systems Administrator provide full time system administration as it may pertain to Operations and Maintenance support at all Consular facilities worldwide. These services will be provided on an as needed basis both during and after normal hours of business operations and when requested by CST to augment Government System Administrators (SAs) support when not present at a location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to CST tracking systems at all times to include Remedy, the creation of Remedy tickets and response to all work requests (such as phone calls, emails, walk-ins, Consular Affairs Service Desk requests from local or remote customers), Enterprise Change Management (ECM), Critical Incident Management, Asset Management (maintain accurate inventory list at Consular Facilities), IT vendor onsite tracking, Overtime Requests, etc.
- Provide planning, installation, training, support, monitoring and maintenance of hardware (server and workstation builds) and software including all CA applications (e.g., Active Directory accounts and passwords, SCCM/PAT tool, TDIS, PRISM, ACRS, etc.) security/vendor patches/updates/VIBs, and Oracle/SQL databases
- Provide response, trouble-shooting and resolution of problems as well as communication, tracking via Remedy. The SAs shall also provide reporting of these efforts such as, but not limited to: Server/workstations rebuilds VMware and standalone environments (Windows and Linux), management of Windows, VMware, NetApp Filers, Tape Libraries, etc.
- Coordinate and inform CST management of vendor and third-party maintenance impacting IT related services, such as power outages, environment changes, etc.
- Coordinate and inform CST management on all risks to IT related services, such as natural causes (flood or fire), employee accidental and deliberate acts, etc.
- Coordinate hardware/software changes with ECM (document and maintain approved standard and nonstandard configuration changes). The Contractor shall coordinate and plan for upgrades, consolidation and decommission/retiring of hardware and software
- Perform monthly restores to validate user data integrity and replace hardware and software components
- Monitor and document abnormal performance of server, workstation, and services trends as well as document and maintain site topology configuration and changes. The Contractor shall document and maintain server room and cables neatly labelled and in an orderly fashion.
- Provide server/workstation Security Services as well as maintain and meet iPost requirements
- Provide operating Systems patches and updates (via SCCM and PAT Tools)
- Provide remediation of vulnerabilities and ensure SEP compliance on all requireddevices
- Provide all hardware and software maintenance, such as defective tape drives, tapes, hard drives, servers, workstations, chip/read writers, driver license readers, barcode readers, printers, digital scanners, etc.
- Provide all active Directory service/user account and password administration, Active Directory user privilege administration and Badge logon administration.
- Provide all device (hardware/software) Monitoring and Alerting Services (escalation asrequired)
- Enure SEP compliance on all devices and monitor, alert, troubleshoot noncompliance incidents
- Perform back-ups, restores, purges and on-going management of data, systems, software and hardware
- Create, maintain, track and communicate configurations and/or changes of configurations in hardware, software, data, permissions (or security-related information), etc.
- Develop, maintain and communicate diagrams, system configurations and technical documentation
- Provide and ensure availability, efficiency and effectiveness of systems, software, hardware and data as well as technical support for testing and evaluations purposes.
- Document and maintain security plans, diagrams, documentation, procedures, policies, logs, audits, audit trails and reports
- Participate in the development of short-term and long-term plans and strategies, IT reviews and audits, goal setting, idea generation and improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of Consular Affairs operations as well as participate in the development of policies and procedures
- Document, track and report on the support provided to the Consular Facilities (inclusive of all levels of support, and all Consular Facilities), report and follow-up onall trouble calls
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelors Degree and 10+ years’ experience in the IT field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Certifications in the following:
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Apache Web Server
- Apache Tomcat
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Service Bus
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Top Secret clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
- Must have strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards and strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, networks and PC operating systems
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, withfrequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.