Business unit information and operations technology expert. Consult with and provide tier 3 technical support to site personnel. Provide advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conduct special studies and analyses, develop alternatives, present recommendations to management and influence management decisions. Research, analyze, develop, and implement new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Act as the primary subject matter expert for information and operational technology within the business unit.
- Provide primary system support of the PI System and EtaPRO servers for the 11 thermal generation sites.
- Implement and support a wide variety of PI interfaces to different power generation control systems. In depth knowledge and experience with the various implementations of the OPC standard as it applies to data exchange in a control environment.
- Maintain an existing secure computing environment, including the following components: backups, event logging, vulnerability scanning, system updates deployment, anti-virus, program white listing, and compliance reporting.
- Lead and oversee security compliance activities through computing inventory management, system hardening, account and password management, software and operating system baselines, and optimizing and responding to alerts.
- Consult with site technology support teams for troubleshooting issues, providing ongoing technical support, and recommending solutions to address existing challenges.
- Analyze and design complex processes and systems within various business and technical environments.
- Provide analytical ability and creativity in developing and implementing solution deliverables for medium to large sized projects or major segments of a larger project.
- Lead business partners in research, problem solving, and investigation of new procedures, software, equipment and operating systems..
- Collaborate with other IT groups on projects and initiatives.
- Deliver solutions on time and within budget by balancing client’s expectations with technical feasibility, internal process, and overall corporate benefit.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business processes supported by install base and capabilities/deficiencies of the install base.
- Consult with the Power Supply business on strategic technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of experience with progressing levels of expertise and responsibility supporting a wide variety of client/server applications, and software packages.
- Knowledge of current systems architecture and Power Supply business processes.
- At least five years of experience in a managing role, demonstrating a high degree of diplomacy and leadership with a wide variety of interested parties
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to work with all organizational levels to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze, and summarize data.
- Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Knowledge of research, analysis, and consulting techniques, Company policies, procedures, practices, and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with security programs such as Center for Internet Security (CIS) Top 20 Critical Security Controls (CSC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) critical infrastructure protection (CIP), and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) information security management system (ISMS).
- Five years of experience supporting the PI System in a large industrial environment.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of networking principles within a firewalled environment.
- Experience with power generation distributed control systems (DCS), including Emerson Ovation, Siemens T-3000, Honeywell Uniformance, GE Mark VI, Allen Bradley
- General knowledge of other power generation systems offered by GE Bently Nevada, Environmental Systems Corporation for emissions monitoring, Neuco, Mistras/Triple5, and Wonderware.
- Familiarity with control equipment such as the various programmable logic controls, monitors, racks systems.
- Industry knowledge of Energy Utility Environment.
- PMI/PMP Certification.
- Working knowledge of SAP