Apply systems engineering processes and skills to conduct system simulation and analysis. Responsible for simulation modeling, analyses and trade studies, algorithmic optimization, and system level test. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the system simulation platform
- Perform analyses and trade studies as necessary to aid in the selection of system concepts
- Support hardware and software design teams to ensure compliance with system design
- Support system level test implementation
- Ability to mentor and collaborate with other Simulation Engineers
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in electrical engineering with a focus on communications theory/systems, plus five years of related experience, or a master's degree plus three years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of digital communication and signal processing principles
- Strong programming skills (MATLAB, C/C++)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in wireless propagation and spatial channel models
- Experience in developing link and system level performance simulations
- Experience in RF impairment modeling
- Experience in advanced MIMO techniques – theory and implementation- is a plus
- Familiarity with MAC and PHY concepts in LTE, and 802.11 standards is a plus
- Familiarity with DoD communication and networking systems is a plus
- Experience with event-driven simulation such as (OPNET, QualNet, STK, EMANE or NS-3) is a plus
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance if necessary