Sr. System Engineer - VMware Automation
Job Location US-MI-Detroit
Category Information Technology
Business LineCMC Corporate
Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in six different states (Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Sr. System Engineer - VMware Automation
Perform automation and orchestration tasks related to the automated build and development process. Responsibilities include design, documentation, project planning, communication, configuration, testing, implementation, mentoring, tuning, and level 3 systems support.
The engineering team is a project focused group with accountability for delivering sound technical solutions while meeting project milestones for deliverables. This position requires strong technical skills as well as the ability to successfully document and communicate results to technical and non-technical staff.
- Expert knowledge in VMware ESX / vSphere / vRealize Suite / Horizon Suite
- Streamline processes through automation & orchestration
- Automate the deployment, configuration, and management of data center technologies such as storage, compute, and network.
- Builds services, service dashboards, and self-service deployments
- Ability to create and edit Orchestrator workflow scripts
- Familiarity with software development and network operations concepts and methodologies
- Proven experience creating and documenting solutions to meet business needs
- Support rapid solution implementations and customer engagements related to IT infrastructure
- Strategic planning skills, organizational skills, operating skills, and strong leadership
- Ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of the infrastructure environment
- Coordinating with different application, vendor and technology teams
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of the infrastructure environment
- Share functional expertise by effectively documenting work processes and procedures
- Proactively seek out new training initiatives and alternative ways that can expand one’s functional expertise
- Ensure test regions are available for all systems and applications to be used by system programmers and operations personnel
- Maintain good housekeeping and a safe working environment in the Server Room and associated storage areas
Perform other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related area is required.
- VMware certification required
- Certification in IT related discipline is preferred
- ITIL Foundations preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a similar position is required
- 5+ years of hands on experience managing and maintaining of VMware environments required
- 5+ years of scriptingexperience with PowerShell, Bash or similar language required
- In-depth knowledge of VMware vRealize Automation & vRealize Orchestrator
- In-depth knowledge of automation platforms (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience working with hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System
- Experience with EMC Data Domain, Isilon, NetWorker, VNX, VPLEX, XtremIO
- Experience with VMware NSX & vSAN.
Job ID 2017-4877