$150K — $200K *
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
High-performance product team in Supermicro is seeking talented Sr. System Engineer who can lead the technical collateral development of in-house server system products. This individual will have the opportunity to define and implement latest data center and server technologies, and to create proof of concepts and technical feature paper presentations to differentiate Supermicro product through online and at various industry events. This individual will also be the go-to person for product managers and system engineers to be the subject matter expert in GPU server system design as well as application benchmarks specifically in AI, ML and GPU optimization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
• Define and develop application benchmarks based on enterprise computing requirements and generic server architecture, key examples include, Thermal, Power performance, GPU performance, RDMA, flashed based storage (NVDIMM, and NVMe)
• Execute system level testing such as performance testing, mechanical validation testing, benchmark testing and build proof of concepts based on latest data center technologies and Supermicro server products
• Work with product management and system teams to draft technical marketing presentations and white papers for online publications and industry event promotional activities
• Proactively engage in learning and researching new technologies and products to propose new Proof of Concepts
• Work with sales and customers to provide networking solution and technical knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or with relevant experience, Master’s degree will be a plus
• Minimum of 8 years of hands-on engineering experience in hardware industry, preferably computer, server, or component related industry
• Experience on Tooling, Thermal solution, EMC from hardware industry is a BIG PLUS.
• Able to put on the sleeve to dig into when problems comes and co-ordinate multi-functional teams to solve problem at system level.
• Knowledge in AL/DL/ML benchmarks (BERT, RESNET50), PCIe protocol, NVMe and one of AI framework (TensorFlow, Theano, Caffe etc.)
• Experiences in configuring Windows Server, Ubuntu, or Redhat Enterprise Linux is preferred
• Experiences in scripting languages (Powershell, Linux Shell) a plus
• Strong knowledge with server hardware and architectures including PCI express, and OOB management, Memory and processors
• Knowledge with accelerator e.g. GPU and other parallel computing accelerator
• Experiences in technical writing and Good communication skills is a must
• Superb communication and organizing skills, ability to work efficiently and effectively in large cross-functional teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Valid through: 3/18/2021