The Senior Systems Engineer will lead the technical design and continued advancement of core infrastructure service capabilities and availability across the enterprise. In addition to ensuring systems are available and engineered to industry best practices, the Senior Systems Engineer will also act as the senior technical resource mentoring other System Engineers while bringing new and creative ideas to the business.
Area of Responsibility:
- Exhibit a broad base of knowledge and skills in server & network topology, infrastructure, and operating systems to include Windows, Linux, VMware, SAN, Backup, DR/BC, O365, Intunes, Unified Communication, and Azure.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2016/2012r2/2008R2 operating systems. Expert working knowledge of Active Directory in a global enterprise environment.
- Experience with Active Directory setup and configuration, as well as a strong foundation in other directory service technologies including GPO, DNS, DHCP and ADFS
- Strong skills/competencies and knowledge of Group Policy Objects.
- Strong working knowledge and experiencesupporting Active Directory infrastructure in a corporate environment and proven experience integrating with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Experience with implementing and configuring SFTP servers and creating associated processes
- Interface with external subject matter experts and industry leaders to evolve our core Active Directory foundations.
- Interface with internal Security Governance to ensure adherence to Company’s security policies and procedures.
- Produce enterprise-level designs for key global initiatives and following those through to implementation through collaboration with project, engineering and support teams
- Thorough knowledge of managing local storage
- Coordinate, test, and implement enhancements or new releases of the Operating Systems, Servers, and Storage
- Engage with the EA function to ensure that designs are in line with the needs of current and future platform requirements
- Manage and provide current platform usage statistics and provide future project growth estimates
- Develop and maintain platform life cycle management methodology
- Create, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance, and data protection
- Serve as the technical lead for resolving complex incidents and problems related to Windows and Storage systems
- Partner with the network team to implement, configure and maintain solutions involving data encryption, secure file transfers, intrusion detection and data leakage prevention to protect client data
- Design PowerShell scripts for automation of operational processes across the server environment
- Proven experience in capacity planning, performance monitoring and maintenance planning to ensure high availability
- Keep up to date on current technologies, industry news, systems compliance requirements, standards and industry trends
- At least 7-10 years of Active Directory related work experience
- At least 7-10 years Systems engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Expert experience with Windows Sever and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening and Remediation
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP
- Manage Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Create and modify Active Directory and Local Group Policy
- Administer ADFS and AADC
- Expert knowledge of Forests, Domains, Trusts.
- Install, manage and troubleshoot Microsoft systems.
- Expert knowledge of VMWare technologies
- Experience working with physical and virtual servers/workstations
- VMware scripting (Power-CLI & others)
- Experience with large datacenter operations to include power management, rack organization, networking, and storage
- Strong knowledge in enterprise level storage and standards
- Strong knowledge in network standards
- Solid understanding of SCCM, WSUS, and Windows patching processes
- Solid understanding of Windows PKI, Certificates.
- Familiar with Windows PowerShell to include Active Directory module
- Capable of configuring and troubleshooting server hardware
- Ability to remediate securityaudits, and protect the system against intrusion.
- Comfortable with contacting third parties for support.
- Strong knowledge in data security administration
- Knowledge of backup administration, Commvault or VEEAM
- System capacity analysis and planning
- Comprehension of common network concepts: VLAN, Switching, OSI layers
- Have strong inter-personal and communication skills: capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups.
- Able to write intricate system and user documentation.
- Capable of writing and explaining purchase justifications
- Help Service Desk team with advanced tickets.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance