The Vision for Success
Sr. System engineer will be a member of System Engineering team who will lead the activities of systems engineering in terms of integrating multiple technologies that constitute the MRIdian Linac systems on an on-going basis. This is a very technical position requiring regular and direct interactions with the MRIdian Linac systems in various stages of requirements, development, and testing at an engineering and clinical application level. The Engineer will interact with Product Managers, scientists, development, and design assurance engineers, involved in the design and enhancement of the system.
- Leading a team with technical discussions and resolutions.
- Strong trouble shooting and root cause analysis techniques in terms of failure modes.
- Characterize performance of hardware systems and sub-systems such as electro-mechanical systems.
- Develop System-level Requirements that translate the User Requirements into implementable engineering design requirements, working closely with product managers, scientists, engineers, and service and manufacturing preventatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of how the different subsystems such as MRI, Linac, MLC, and the other subsystems interact together to achieve the overall that constitute the MRIdian Linac system functionality.
- Working with Software, V&V and Design Assurance Engineers team to develop test plans and execute the plans according to the process defined by Quality System.
- Establish an understanding of sub-system interfaces and interactions.
- Develop and execute system-level test plans. Execute complete system debugging, including review and analyze system logs.
- Experience with log analyzers and oscilloscopes. Experience with SNR tests and noise characterization.
- Good knowledge on understanding computer platforms and their specifications, and able to configure systems as defined by the requirements.
- Generate, document, and review studies related to the Verification and Validation of the system under development.
- Understand and drive the regulatory compliance testing such as IEC60601 and AAPM standards.
- Provide inputs to the development team on the areas of system liability, efficiently bringing up and shutdown of system, and workflow improvements.
- Identify potential design improvements, runs tests to measure their impact and drive their adoption across various development teams.
The Value you Will Bring
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mechatronics, or related field with 5 years of experience in involving integration of complex systems, preferably for medical devices.
- 4+ years of experience in medical device companies with 8+ years of overall engineering experience working with complex systems.
- Experience in control systems, feedback, imaging and optics.
- Ability to Distill System Level Requirements and High-Level Design Inputs into Actionable Requirements.
- Experience documenting and designing interface and interaction specifications.
- Strong ability to debug the issues on the system and sub-systems and provide the feedback with details to development team.
- Develop and scripting the programing languages such as, C, C++ and C# is a plus.
- Clinical workflow experience with MRI and Linac based systems is a plus.
- MRI systems experience is required
- System Modeling experience is a plus.
- Experience in medical device industry on FDA compliance, quality system and process development and improvements.