Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Good ODM/OEM system design knowledge for server solution and industry design standards
- Review develops system requirements and create high quality, detailed product architecture specifications and check list.
- Responsible and Coordinate for the product system level of electronic or mechanical or thermal or mechanicaldesign engineering.
- Review board level and system level design to identify any potential system issue and drive resolution.
- Perform case study or/and FA and provide issue resolution recommendation.
- Technical support for urgent case by request.
- Support system PM to evaluate/review system design details, including power consumption's, air flow, solution characteristics, temperature sensors and related design validation of system thermals.
- Familiar with thermal design process/analysis in component level and system level.
- Reviews the system mechanicalarchitecture 2D/3D design drawings (GD&T), identifying the critical dimensions, performing a tolerance stack analyses.
- Works with component PMs (chassis, connectors, and cards) to develop subsystem and system-level performance specifications to meet customer’s requirements.
- Performs finite element (FE) simulations and related testing from concept evaluations to design functional verifications (when needed).
- Coordinates with Lab and other system validation teams to qualify the system with the final tooling chassis and related component designs at system integration phase of the system development 7. Before Beta release (FAI/Cpk).
- Reviews any proposed mechanical engineering changes (ECs).
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual and a great team player
- BSEE 8+ years of developing Intel/AMD server system architecture from concept to implementation. Prefer 10 years designexperience.
- Experience in system level design and architectures: electronics, thermal, mechanical, development and analysis, system reliability, and risk mitigation.
- Knowledge and hands-on of PCB design, high-speed electricaldesign, and voltage regulator design.
- Familiar with oscilloscope and other lab equipment.
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skill.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Thermal or Mechanical Engineering discipline and Master's degree in engineering is a plus.
- At least 8years of experience in server/storage/blade ODM/OEM design and validation. 10+ years of experience is preferred.
- Require server knowledge/experience of the system design process and thermal design/management, heat transfer material, cooling devices.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, solid communication skills in both verbal and written.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. MSpreferred.
- At least 10 years of mechanicaldesign engineering experience of computer system architecture. Experiences with server systems and rack-level designs preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience involving in new computer system integration and participating in related mechanicaldesign review processes.
- Hands-on experience and working knowledge with computer aided design (CAD) software package (PTC PROE or CREO preferred).
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), statistical tolerance stack up analysis.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.:
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green®” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.