Relocation expenses covered.
Our client provides market-leading digital signal processing and wireless solutions for the automotive industry. They are developing the most advanced DSP applications on the market today, including emerging technology applications for the IoT and autonomous vehicle industry. They are hiring a Sr. System Engineer to develop DSP algorithms to run this innovative new technology.
The Sr. System Engineer will work as part of a global multi-disciplinary team to develop continuous radar solutions for self-driving cars and other autonomous vehicles. As part of the product development team, this person will have strong influence on development activities from end to end, including conceptual design, development, coding, and simulations.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits, medical/dental, 401(k), life insurance, and more.
- Relocation expenses covered.
- Great PTO and paid holidays policy, plus an extra week vacation in December.
- Modern office with new onsite recreational area and upgraded facilities.
- ?Engineering comes first? ethos within the design team. Heavily engineering-centric company culture with highly experienced management.
- New autonomous vehicle project unique to the industry.
- Perfect blend of design freedom plus heavy project funding.
- Flexibility to specialize in niche theoretical knowledge or develop versatile multi-disciplinary skills within the team.
- Newly created role backed by the resources of a multibillion-dollar company.
- Stable company with 60+ year history of building top-grade components and equipment.
- Strong support for employee development, including cross-functional skills development, in-house training, and employee continuing education opportunities.
- Design sophisticated signal processing solutions within continuous radar, EHF equipment, and other advanced wireless communication solutions.
- Define high-level requirements and support engineering team for hardware/software development. Write and participate in system functional specifications.
- Conduct lab testing and evaluations of radar systems, subsystems, RF measurements, calibration, and field testing.
- Collaborate with project teams for design reviews, product feasibility discussions, technical evaluations, and performance analysis.
- Conduct simulations and analysis using MATLAB.
- Support product design of radar products from concept to field testing, with a focus on automotive and autonomous vehicle applications.
- Provide systems-level expertise to other team members.
- 3+ years of experience with continuous radar and signal processing hardware. Experience developing algorithms for DSP chips is a strong plus.
- Strong experience with mmWave (millimeter wave) technology.
- Expertise working with EHF (extremely high frequency) range, ideally above 76 GHz.
- Technical understanding of:
- DSP algorithms and chips
- Continuous radar applications
- RCS (radar cross section) signatures
- RF antennas
- Receiver, transmitter, and sensor technology
- MSEE or higher.
- Understanding of IEEE 802.11ad WiFi standard.
- Algorithm development and simulations using MATLAB.
- Direct experience with automotive electronics is a plus.
- Good technical documentation: requirements documents, test reports, incident reports.