As a Sr. System Administrator, you are responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operations of computer systems; especially multi-user computers, such as servers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Setup, configure, maintain and optimize the performance of datacenter servers.
- Ensure system availability and business continuity by implementing redundant servers/services
- Perform after hours server updates and maintenance
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Gather data pertaining to current and future development initiatives, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Must participate in 24x7 on-call rotations
- Have 6+ years professional Linux server administration and troubleshooting experience. CentOS experience is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement
- Postfix email server administration
- Postgress DB administration
- Python scripting experience
- Configuration Management experience using Saltstack or similar automation software
- Be a creative, innovative thinker with a proven track record of turning insight into action.
- Grasp complex software applications and learn quickly, often figuring it out or learning on your own.
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Nagios, NewRelic, PagerDuty, OpsGenie, Elastic Search, etc.)
- Have experience with vmware virtualization technologies
- Onprem, Hybrid and Cloud technology experience (Google, AWS, Azure, Blue Ocean, vmware, etc)
- Have a positive attitude
- Able to work full-time (min. 40 hrs/week)