The SeniorMSP System Administrator isresponsible for the identification, evaluation, design and development of efficient processes and systemsutilization, concentrating on compliance, governance,risk mitigation, cost effectiveness and industry best practices for all ofLoan Servicing as it relates toMSP and the Black Knight’s suite oftechnologysolutions.
- Mortgage Servicing Support:
- Being the subject matter expert of the Mortgage Servicing Package (MSP) and administration of the Black Knight Financial Services (BKFS) suite of products.
- Completing complex research and escalated requests for MSP system headers, options, and user fields.
- Assisting with daily system functions, as needed, creating groups, system snapshots, filters, and loan indicators; running advanced Passport queries and submitting transactions.
- Supporting business and technology teams to define requirements, coordinate testing and schedule releasedates for enhancement or process change implementation.
- Initiating and overseeing data integrity reviews with the business units
MSP System Enhancement and Update Coordination:
- Assisting in coordination of MSP system enhancements and business initiated projects to ensure enhancement is properly implemented. Providing documentation and support on prior or upcoming enhancements
- Performing analysis of MSP workstation utilization and provide proposals of solutions to ensure functionality is used for optimal usage of MSP.
- Being actively engaged in Functional Advisory Committees, as assigned and provide the business with committee details and encourage participation, as applicable.
- Maintaining communication plan to ensure system advisories are forwarded to the affected business unit(s).
- Leading control/communication meetings to ensure requested, cross-functional MSP changes are discussed and decisions or processes are implemented with proper controls in place.
- Serving as the lead in managing the servicing system vendor relationship (BKFS); participating and coordinating weekly vendor meetings, quarterly on-site visits.
- Complete monthly and/or annual vendor score cards.
- Managing the print vendor projects and programming requests, including, marketing campaigns with messages, inserts, or onsets and processing of year-end documents.
- Assisting with Year End Processing by providing the business unit(s) with monthly support to ensure checklist is complete, meetings are held, and necessary steps are taken to ensure successful year-end processing. Ensure accurate and timely response to IRS Notices and filing deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of comparable work experiencerequired.
- 5+ years of experience utilizing MSP with a bachelor’s degree OR
- 7+ years of comparable work experience in Mortgage Servicing and/or Origination
- Expert proficiency in use of MSP and its subsystems including, Online Letter Writer, Director, Passport, Desktop/Process Management, and Invoice Management
- Expert level working experience with Microsoft Office –Excel, Access; proficiency in Word
- Strong working knowledge of the mortgage servicing industry
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present to varying audiences
- Excellent decision making ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions to difficult issues
- Proven success collaborating with others outside the immediate business unit
- Knowledge of project and program management
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational skills.