Lake Forest, CA
11 - 15 years
Posted 258 days ago
We are working with a global medical device company to hire talent for their R&D organization. This specific Senior / Principal SW Engineer role is responsible for the development, maintenance, and documentation of complex web-based application interacting with state-of-art ophthalmic surgical devices worldwide. This position is responsible for the WebUI interface, central server, and equipment interfaces. You will participate in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance. In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
* Develops and applies complex concepts and proposes new and unique approaches, methods, procedures and designs with regular use of ingenuity, creativity and originality to researching technical issues.
* Assures continuity of products and processes through feasibility assessment, research, design, development and compliance to requirements.
* Provides technical leadership direction, determining and developing approach to solutions by coordinating multiple resources to solve complex problems.
* Leads design reviews.
* Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
* Acts as a mentor in the software engineering organization.
* Manage off-short development team
* Supports legacy, on-market, and future development projects
* 10 + years hands-on Windows SQL, IIS development experience.
* Development of medical device software in an FDA-regulated environment preferred
* Experience with SQL, SQL Server 2008 (and later), IIS, WCF, .NET Framework 4. 0 or higher, C#, Visual Studio 2010 or higher, Windows OS 7 or higher, Windows Server 2008 and higher.
* Familiarity the following development methodologies: Object-Oriented, Design Patterns, Service-Oriented architectures
* Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
* Fluent verbal and written English communication skills.
* Strong working knowledge of advanced design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design.