Sr. Sustaining / Process Engineer
Our client, a reputable, established organization is looking for a Sr. Sustaining / Process Engineer to join their team in Richmond, CA on a contract basis. The contract duration could be over a year. Due to the current pandemic, you will work both from home and on-site. You should plan to be on-site atleast 2-3 days a week, and this will increase as things settle down with Covid. Local candidates are strongly preferred, and you will need to interview on-site as part of the process.
The Sr. Sustaining / Process Engineer analyzes, researches, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to improve existing core products. You will work with products and systems of diverse/difficult scope and complexity using engineering principles. In this role, you will develop and recommend solutions to a variety of complex engineering requirements to ensure that design objectives are met. Projects at this level are assigned to develop in-depth knowledge and skills, and to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering.
* 10 years of design engineering experience, although, less may be acceptable if you can demonstrate the required skills and capabilities.
* Hands-on product design experience ideally with precision machined parts and assemblies with tight tolerances (.001 or less) and high levels of product reliability.
* Sustaining engineering experience.
* Strong engineering fundamentals/capabilities including performing engineering calculations by hand (not just via simulation software), tolerance stack-ups, understanding impact of design changes/decisions and ability to technically justify them.
* Ability to multi-task projects/assignments in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
* Strong communication skills.
* Capability and skills to work on VAVE / cost reduction projects.
* Capability and skills to support complex sustaining design issues.
Nice to Have:
* Experience with threading.
* Experience with high-pressure products/equipment.
* Experience in a controlled/regulated work environment (e.g. semiconductor, medical device, aerospace, automotive, etc.).
* Experience with structured solving tools (e.g. fishbone analysis, 5-why).
Valid through: 8/28/2020