Rimini Street, Inc., the world’s leading independent provider of support for enterprise application software, seeks an experienced Sr. Support Engineer, Oracle Retail (RDF) This position may be based anywhere in the United States (remote, home office). Our company is currently privately held with plans to become a public company.
Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment.
The role of the Sr. Support Engineer, Oracle Retail is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical Oracle Retail applications as part of our global customer support team. The position has the responsibility for researching, troubleshooting and supporting of multiple Oracle Retail Application Components for our US based and global clients who use Retek or Oracle Retail Environments. The role of the Principle Support Engineer requires the expertise and skills to diagnose serious issues; then develop, test, package and deliver fixes for such issues in complex, integrated and highly-configured environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Oracle Retail applications, with a focus on RDF- both functionality and technology
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based Techno-Functional support & training for multiple Oracle Retail modules
- Support client customizations, sharing implementation and best practices advice
- Develop and oversee the application break fixes for critical product defects
- Create scripts to identify, analyze and correct data issues
- Manage one or more key assigned accounts as a technical/functional advisor
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity
- Be a pro-active contributor to a support organization which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other job related duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time
US Citizenship or Green Card Required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years relevant Oracle Retail experience, required
- 7+ years direct support of application end-users in a Corporate environment Technical and Functional Expertise with solid understanding of underlying data flow and functionality in:
- Demonstrated Expertise in RDF - with recent examples of experience on resume
- Oracle Retail Assortment Planning
- Oracle Retail Category Management
- Oracle Retail Clearance Optimization Engine
- Oracle Retail Item Planing
- Oracle Retail Merchandise Financial Planning
- Oracle Retail Size Profile Optimization
- Additional Retail modules are a plus
- Expertise with Oracle Retail or Retek, including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the application.
- Knowledge of Oracle maintenance/patching mechanics and Retail architecture
- Demonstrable history solving complex problems across multiple modules
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in the area of problem-solving.
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients.
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships.
- Deep knowledge of Oracle Retail customization/extension methodologies.
- Excellent development skills using Oracle Retail toolset.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills – verbal & written
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations.
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment
- The best candidates will have extensive knowledge of multiple Retail modules across releases (v10, v12, v13) including proficiency with Retail product module/suite business processes, navigation mechanics, configuration requirements, integration with other modules and knowledge of underlying technology.
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful
- Experience with other ERP platforms, while not mandatory, would be highly valued
- Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage
Job ID 2017-3422